Author Topic: DSO Rigol DS1202CA and Owon SDS8202V choice?  (Read 6025 times)

Offline gegeTopic starter

DSO Rigol DS1202CA and Owon SDS8202V choice?
« on: August 25, 2012, 03:21:18 pm »

Hi all,
 I am radio amateur, I hesitate between Rigol DS1202CA and Owon SDS8202V. I visited the forum in an attempt to define the right choice, but it is difficult to decide. Most Owon 2 buttons for vertical, its 8 "screen, Rigol seems better built. If you can help me in this choice. Thank you.

gege

Offline Teneyes

• Frequent Contributor
Re: DSO Rigol DS1202CA and Owon SDS8202V choice?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 05:29:16 pm »
Hi  I was thinking of the Owon but  just got the Rigol DS2072. it is one of the newer DS2000 series, checkout the Blogs here.  Do you really need the 200MHZ?  or just looking at Base Band signals.  I just got basic for $839 and will try the Options, trial versions;, and then get the options later. ($333, $222, $222) if I need them, I like the fast update, deep memory, 0.5mV sensitivity
IiIiIiIiIi  --  curiosity killed the cat but, satisfaction brought it back

Offline Dread

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 05:50:29 pm »
Hi I am also a Ham Operator and I just purchased an Owon 8202v a couple of days ago.
I knew that 8202 was a big improvement over the 7102 and I Needed over 100 MHz For working on 2M equipment.  The 8202 is very well built it feels like a Wouxon HT so it is in that same class of top quality built Chinese equipment.  So far I have been checking it's accuracy and it performance well  within specifications. The screen is fantastic and the battery pack (optional) should make it very handy for field work.  So far I am very happy with it.

73s
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:52:06 pm by Dread »
The Optimist says the glass is half full, the Pessimist says its half empty, an engineer only see's a glass that’s twice as big as it needs to be!

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 10:23:34 pm »
Hi,
 Thank you for the answers, 200 Mhz is a minimum for the radio amateur, 144 MHz, so the FFT function.
 For 432 MHz the spectrum is useful, I PSA1301T TTI has compact. But I see a Rigol DSA815-TG TG especially for more.
 So I noted more for Owon.
 73 in Jamaica from Belgium.
 Best regard

gege

Offline electric_man

• !
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 08:19:19 am »
All others digital oscilloscope have metal framework(rigol,siglent,hantek,uni-t and so on),just except owon. why? for lighter and cheaper?
It's really can passed the EMC/EMI even I know they have passed the CE certification in China?

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 09:57:15 am »
Hello to all
 That would mean they do not have the certification EMC / EMI, radiation internal or external may influence the measurements.
 Have you disassembled a Owon to confirm this?
 thank you
 Gege

Offline Dread

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 05:27:54 pm »
I don't think that is true, the OWON is very heavy for it's size, on many reviews thats the first thing people mention that it is one of the heaviest most solid feeling DSO in it's price range.
From what I can see looking in I see all metal framing but I am not opeing mine and I have yet to see a post with a Teardown.
This is a video of the previous model 71XX and they fixed most of items he did not like in that series when they released the 82XX series. 
He addresses the construction and build quality of the Owon
???????? ??????????? Owon Sds7102 - 4300??? http://radiokomponenty.uaprom.net/

All others digital oscilloscope have metal framework(rigol,siglent,hantek,uni-t and so on),just except owon. why? for lighter and cheaper?
It's really can passed the EMC/EMI even I know they have passed the CE certification in China?
The Optimist says the glass is half full, the Pessimist says its half empty, an engineer only see's a glass that’s twice as big as it needs to be!

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 09:49:14 pm »
Hello,
Very nice video presentation, many possibilities. It's going to change my Philips 2x10MHz analog CRT with him I used his weight and his size but there is a technical value. Enjoyed the screen size of the Owon. I checked her weight and it is heavier than the Rigol.
 Thank you.

Gege

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf