Author Topic: DVB satellite data receivers re. encryption for one way satellite Internet  (Read 484 times)

Offline Scratch.HTFTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
One example of such is a SkyMedia SatLAN LX2000S DVB-S data receiver by Telemann Satellite Solutions (www.telemann.com) containing the following key components:

ST20-TP4 system control (includes transport demultiplexer, smartcard interface and DVB-CSA decryption module)
4 MByte 60 nS DRAM (32 bit wide)
1 MByte Flash (16 bit wide)
64 Kbit EEPROM
Crystal CS8900A LAN controller with Lattice MACH 4 M4-64/32 interface CPLD
Samsung satellite tuner (MAX2102 direct conversion receiver, SP5659 PLL, L64724 demodulator)

Other than some of the magnetics on the power supply board, all components were available off the shelf which some can be second sourced

J2 is a TTL serial console port with the following pinout which I traced myself:
1: GND
2: RxD
3: TxD
4: +5V

If anyone has a working unit that responds to ping, which TCP/IP ports are open (I'm guessing Telnet/SNMP and possibly HTTP would be present)?

From what I can find, this model is not specific to a given provider and the encryption supported is AccessGate since this unit accepts a smartcard from the subscriber unlike the Hughes DirecPC units which also use DVB-S.

Do you know of any other DVB-CSA compliant encryption schemes which require a smartcard for decryption associated with one way satellite Internet?
If it runs on Linux, there is some hackability in it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf