Author Topic: Quick 3202 vs. Xytronic LF-3200  (Read 127 times)

Offline EverbraveTopic starter

• Contributor
Quick 3202 vs. Xytronic LF-3200
« on: July 20, 2024, 09:34:48 pm »
I recently bought the Quick 3202 soldering station and I’m happy with its heating/soldering performance but …

1) I find the built-in fan rather laud and of annoying sound pitch
2) I noticed EMI of around 10mVpp of the HF leaking into my oscilloscope which is around 80cm away from the soldering station

I guess using the switched power supply is to be blamed for 1), 2) or both (?).
Quick 3202 looks like another generation of Xytronic LF-3200 which, however, relies on a linear transformer.
So, I wonder whether owners of Xytronic LF-3200 and/or Quick 3202 can share their experience.

Thanks

Online unseenninja

• Contributor
Re: Quick 3202 vs. Xytronic LF-3200
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 04:04:25 pm »
As I said in the other thread where you asked this question, mine has no fan, is silent as far as I can hear and still works perfectly. I'm very happy with it and it's great for everything from small fine work with SMDs and also for high wattage stuff like soldering fat copper wires when needed.

I've never seen any EMI effects on any of my other gear when it is turned on, and that includes an 8.5 digit multimeter plugged in to the same mains outlet.

Offline EverbraveTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Quick 3202 vs. Xytronic LF-3200
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:19:58 pm »
As I said in the other thread where you asked this question, mine has no fan, is silent as far as I can hear and still works perfectly. I'm very happy with it and it's great for everything from small fine work with SMDs and also for high wattage stuff like soldering fat copper wires when needed.

I've never seen any EMI effects on any of my other gear when it is turned on, and that includes an 8.5 digit multimeter plugged in to the same mains outlet.

Thanks a lot for your Feedback and sorry for missing your reply on the other thread :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf