Author Topic: MLINK KPS3030DA is the same as ATTEN KPS3030DA, opinion?  (Read 5356 times)

pereczes

MLINK KPS3030DA is the same as ATTEN KPS3030DA, opinion?
« on: April 27, 2014, 02:20:23 am »
POST REMOVED AT USERS REQUEST
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 01:03:08 pm by EEVblog »

Offline Hideki

• Frequent Contributor
Re: MLINK KPS3030DA is the same as ATTEN KPS3030DA, opinion?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 09:30:24 am »
Does it matter? You have already bought it without asking for opinions first. Now it's yours. Congratualations! You get to review it or make the comments :)

It looks the same as a great number of similar supplies sold under many different names - china style - except for the extra outputs in the back.

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 07:44:01 pm »
Does it matter? You have already bought it without asking for opinions first. Now it's yours. Congratualations! You get to review it or make the comments :)

It looks the same as a great number of similar supplies sold under many different names - china style - except for the extra outputs in the back.

It is not that black and white as it might seem to be. In the EU you can return a good in 7 day for even the simple reason that you changed your mind. Need the power supply so I took the risk. If something is wrong, then I will have to return. So if somebody is convincing me beforehand than I am in a "winner" position.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/shopping/shopping-abroad/returning-unwanted-goods/index_en.htm

Actually even if at first glance it looks like that's going to suck for European online stores that are forced to pay for the shipping incurred because you can change your mind. But I guess they will have to raise prices to accommodate for those returns, re-shelf cost and reconditioning costs, because surely they can't just sell it to someone else as new.

But then it actually helps them to get more online customers from within the EU because that's where the rights end (within the EU). So EU buyers will be protected when buying items online within the EU that will cause sales for EU companies to get more customers. I can see that working.

But Human Nature might make you buy things cheaper outside of the EU, then you are not protected but the gamble might be worth it. So I'm not sure if it will help or hurt the European Online Companies.

Also as it implies any purchase made in the EU, does that mean that if I purchase something in the EU from the US I have the same rights? If so, then it will definitely hurt the European online stores. So I hope that's not the case.

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 09:46:03 pm »
These rules are intended and introduced to protect consumers from fraud and help them if they make an honest mistake. They are not intended for people who can't make their mind up. The system is already abused, and companies are fighting back by blacklisting customers. People who think they are oh-so-clever by regularly ordering a bunch of wares, and sending them back, find themselves no longer serviced.  Especially if they use the goods for a week or so, e.g. wearing clothes or using a huge TV to watch a particular sports event, and then sending them back.

Companies use the same mechanisms and agencies to share information about bad customers they use for credit rating. If you cost a company money they no longer want you as a customer. It is that simple.

It is not even only EU sellers blacklisting customers. A lot of Chinese sellers just don't serve several countries any more. Some, because shipping is expensive or unreliable, some because customs is a PITA, but also some because the buyers regularly go on their tits.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 10:02:09 pm »
The new rules as of June will be even less seller-friendly.

Those new rules actually are less BUYER-friendly: the sellers are just going to jack up the prices so the only people who pay for returns are buyers who do their research and get what they wanted.

Another sign of our society punishing people who do the right things and rewarding stupidity.

================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 04:08:47 pm »
Amazon policies in the US strike a good balance IMO between seller's and buyer's interests.  If it's their fault, they pay shipping both way. If it's yours, you pay, and the S&H charges are very reasonable, using Amazon rates.

I don't like the nanny state approach that some try to promote where in the name of some utopian goals the government has increasing control of all aspects of our life (e.g. around here supermarkets are banned from giving/selling plastic bags with handles).

Offline neslekkim

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 09:26:17 pm »

It is not that black and white as it might seem to be. In the EU you can return a good in 7 day for even the simple reason that you changed your mind. Need the power supply so I took the risk. If something is wrong, then I will have to return. So if somebody is convincing me beforehand than I am in a "winner" position.

http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/shopping/shopping-abroad/returning-unwanted-goods/index_en.htm

Winner?, so, who will pay for the return shipping?, sending an heavy psu back to China will cost you, probably more than you paid for the psu+shipping in the first place.

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 11:42:26 pm »
Winner?

1) politicians;
2) shipping companies;
3) "buyers" who are too smart to do their research before placing orders;

Losers?
   honest people.
================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 12:15:08 am »
Now, just to show you how badly things work in Europe: I ordered the item in question from Spain, last Friday. It was sent on Monday (only) with UPS to Belgium. According to UPS it takes a strange route:

Nurnberg,      Germany 04/30/2014 11:04 P.M.Arrival Scan
Frankfurt,       Germany 04/30/2014 8:16 P.M.GermanyDeparture Scan 04/30/2014 4:32 P.M.Arrival Scan
Feyzin,           France 04/30/2014 7:00 A.M.Departure Scan 04/30/2014 6:02 A.M.Arrival Scan
Barcelona,    Spain 04/29/2014 9:30 P.M.Departure Scan 04/29/2014 5:43 P.M.Pickup Scan Spain            04/28/2014 12:19 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for             UPS

So, after almost one week my pack did not arrive but visiting entire europe  :-DD

UPS picked it up on the 29th in the afternoon, and yeah it's a bit strange it backtracked to Nuremberg but it seems to me they use the railways since it's the cheapest way to transport. In any event that's one and a half day travel. But I feel you, 2 days for me feels like a week as well :)

It might go by truck from there to Belgium or something and UPS might not have a truck depot of that scale in Frankfurt. So it's logistics that make it look funny.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf