Author Topic: Help with Hakko 707 desoldering: make my own valve plate?  (Read 4418 times)

Offline ModemJunkiTopic starter

• Contributor
Help with Hakko 707 desoldering: make my own valve plate?
« on: August 31, 2013, 02:05:11 am »
Hi all,

Does anyone know what material the valve plate in an old Hakko 707 desoldering station is made from? I'd like to have a go at making my own in the proper size. For the reason why, read on...

I found the 707 in the rubbish bin at work. I brought it home an promptly realized that I can't live without a desoldering station.

After using it for a few days to harvest some parts from various things, it stopped providing vacuum. After a teardown, I saw the valve plate had turned to wax (it disintegrated). It was then that I found that no valve plates were available for the pump.

So I bought a valve plate for a different Hakko unit - it's much smaller in diameter - cut it in half, and bodged it between the fixing plate and the pump head so that the flaps were in the right spots. Now it works again, and better than when I started.

Still I'd like to make one the proper size.

Offline Alex Eisenhut

• Super Contributor
  • Place text here.
Re: Help with Hakko 707 desoldering: make my own valve plate?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 02:50:21 am »
Well it's been a while, but I had the exact same issue and I made my own replacement part with a silicone kitchen mat and a sharp X-Acto #11...

As a matter of fact I made several spares if you want one.
Hoarder of 8-bit Commodore relics and 1960s Tektronix 500-series stuff. Unconventional interior decorator.

Offline flanneltuba

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 02:51:50 am »
I made one out of a strip from an old bicycle inner tube.

I also then found that I could find them for sale by Googling: "Hakko A1014 valve plate"

Offline edavid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 04:04:32 am »
I made one out of a strip from an old bicycle inner tube.

I also then found that I could find them for sale by Googling: "Hakko A1014 valve plate"

The A1014 valve plate is much too small for the 707... I guess that's what ModemJunki used, but it's not ideal.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf