Author Topic: Handle wiring differences between KSGER and Aixun Stations  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Jono434Topic starter

• Contributor
Handle wiring differences between KSGER and Aixun Stations
« on: December 07, 2023, 11:14:43 am »
Electronics has always been a hobby for me and I've been out of the game for 5+years. I've been getting back into this stuff in the last month or so but some of the complex stuff still confuses me.  So my fundamentals are sometimes rusty with embarrassing errors.

So I made a diagram to try and outline the differences between using a KSGER handle or an Aixun handle, and the differences between the two.   The diagram is intended to be printed out on A4 paper in landscape orientation.

For example, if someone wants to modify one handle to work with the other, like using a KSGER handle for Aixun, or the C245 mod with custom firmware for KSGER/QUICKO. I've had a hard time finding information of the C245 wiring, I found one diagram but it's not labelled in terms of which station it's designed to work with.  If anyone has experience with Aixun stations, does this wiring look correct?  And for those that have done the C245 mod for KSGER stations, will this wiring work ok?

For the 5 core wire, red and blue were joined together on Pin 5 for a little bit extra current capability, but you could just as easily snip the blue wire and put heatshrink on it.  Or use the blue wire for the Pin 1 shake switch to ground.  The diagram assumes no shake switch, and for using the stand for activating sleep.

Any thoughts or criticisms are welcome.  The main ones I'm unsure about are the C210 for use with T3B and C245 for KSGER/QUICKO.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
Re: Handle wiring differences between KSGER and Aixun Stations
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2023, 05:16:18 pm »
Quicko T12-072/103 uses 6-pin connector.
Ksger v1 uses 4-pin.
C245 always needs board modding, thus the connection is never straighforward, for the TC connection you must cut/isolate a pin at the board connector, also cut a trace for the amplifier input (Normally connected to T12+), and wire the isolated pin to the amplifier.
Existing T12/C210 handles will need T12+ and TC pins joined together in the handle connector.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 05:22:12 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

The following users thanked this post: Jono434

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2023, 01:50:11 pm »
Quicko T12-072/103 uses 6-pin connector.
Ksger v1 uses 4-pin.
C245 always needs board modding, thus the connection is never straighforward, for the TC connection you must cut/isolate a pin at the board connector, also cut a trace for the amplifier input (Normally connected to T12+), and wire the isolated pin to the amplifier.

Thanks for your reply.  I half understand what you are saying, but some of what has confused me is different board layouts, and just in general, understanding all of the possibilities.  If there were one board, and everyone did it the same way it might be easier.  But still, I don't fully understand how the circuit works.  The isolated pin in the diagram is intended for Pin 4, but I've seen others online use Pin 3.  Is the wiring for C245 handle itself ok?

Existing T12/C210 handles will need T12+ and TC pins joined together in the handle connector.

This is interesting but I want to try to clarify what this means.  Does this mean that if PCB has been modded for C245, that T12 and C210 can still work?  For some reason, I assumed this wasn't possible.  But to get it working, it requires a handle a mod, that is similar to Aixun wiring?  I attached a pic, am I misunderstanding anything?  Does it matter if NTC is there or not or does it work with both ways?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2023, 02:51:20 pm »
Because in 5-pìn KSGERs, pins 3 and 4 are actually the same thing, they're connected together in the PCB.
So, at the handle connector, you have to remove the wire from the pin you're isolating (Either pin 3 or 4) and join it to the remaining gnd pin.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 02:56:36 pm by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2023, 06:29:59 pm »
I think I understand C245 better now, but I'm not 100% clear for how it affects T12 and C210 handle, if they are using a board that has JBC mod.  I understand that for C245 pin 4 needs to be isolated from ground and in the handle, it needs to be connected to the thermocouple on the tip.

After thinking about pin 4, maybe I do understand T12 and C210, I attached a new diagram to see if the changes are right.  (A)  Or does Pin 5 need to connect to Pin 4? (B)  Is B correct?

If I ever get all of this sorted out and working.. I can do some diagrams to show the differences between KSGER V1, or QUICKO for CFW.  It might be better to have different diagrams for different models, instead of trying to do all of them in one image.  For example, the 6 pin wiring for Quicko T12-072/103 or the 4 pin wiring for KSGER V1.  It's easy to modify the template to reflect the differences between 4 pin vs 6 pin.  It might be better if there is a different image for each brand of controller.  Or an image reflecting the differences between KSGER handle for stock PCB vs KSGER handle for JBC PCB mod.

edit - reattaching images
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 06:36:31 pm by Jono434 »

Offline smile

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2024, 10:13:53 am »
Does Aixun T12 handle have motion sensor in it I see not specified in pinouts?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf