Author Topic: Hakko New Product  (Read 4422 times)

Offline echen1024Topic starter

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
Hakko New Product
« on: March 06, 2014, 05:03:10 am »
It seems as if they are about to launch their Inductive heating FX-100. I wonder the cost this will be launched at, and if around $150, might become a serious contender.

http://n1a.goexposoftware.com/events/ipc2014/FORMfields/uploads/pressreleasescurprurl1391719855850672817.pdf
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
Re: Re: Hakko New Product
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 05:38:02 am »
It seems as if they are about to launch their Inductive heating FX-100. I wonder the cost this will be launched at, and if around $150, might become a serious contender.

http://n1a.goexposoftware.com/events/ipc2014/FORMfields/uploads/pressreleasescurprurl1391719855850672817.pdf

I'm guessing more than that. Though it might explain the recent frys sales on the fx888d. A potential repositioning on price.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline calexanian

• Super Contributor
    • Alex-Tronix
Re: Hakko New Product
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 05:41:37 am »
My guess is it will sit somewhere a bit under the metcal but more than the OKI or Page. The real question is how much will cartridges be and what sizes and thermal mass will they be.
Charles Alexanian
Alex-Tronix Control Systems

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 06:17:12 am »
My guess is it will sit somewhere a bit under the metcal but more than the OKI or Page. The real question is how much will cartridges be and what sizes and thermal mass will they be.

No, the question will be can they be arsed to sell this in Europe, or will they again give a flying fart about customers in Europe?
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 07:24:34 am »
No, the question will be can they be arsed to sell this in Europe, or will they again give a flying fart about customers in Europe?

I just don't see there is an incentive or strong reason for Hakko to improve their current business model in Europe. Especially the tight regulation on customer's protection at Euro zone, that means the company will make less money + support head ache (=extra cost) compared to other continents.  >:D

Their biggest chunk of sales is in Asia (East) and North America, if I'm not mistaken these two regions contributed > 70% for their total sales volume, heard this from our local & "official" Hakko representative when we had a chit-chat.

Hence you see tons of Hakko's clone all over the place like in Ali Express, Alibaba and etc.

C'mon B@W, I believe you're experienced enough in this kind of business to be aware of this matter.  >:D

Offline zapta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 03:09:16 pm »
Induction does not imply Curie point, right?

Offline calexanian

• Super Contributor
    • Alex-Tronix
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 03:18:14 pm »

Did not know they did not really have a euro market. Usually euro gets the cool stuff and we get shafted in the states! Especially when it comes to cars!
Charles Alexanian
Alex-Tronix Control Systems

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 04:38:04 pm »
Induction does not imply Curie point, right?
In this case it is a Curie Point based station.
T31 Series Tip Cartridges provide HAKKO’s renowned tip life with greater power at each of the two temperature selections
You'll find this in both the OP's link, and this one from the Apex Expo (under More Information).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf