Author Topic: Advice for small reflow plate?  (Read 222 times)

Offline jmf11Topic starter

• Contributor
Advice for small reflow plate?
« on: Yesterday at 06:34:56 am »
Hello,

I would like to by a cheap reflow plate, for PCBs in the 50x50 to 100x100mm range. This is mainly for prototyping.

There are several models on Aliexpress or Amazon. Are some of those "proven OK in use" than others? Some recommended model?

Or should I go to something like https://github.com/AfterEarthLTD/Solder-Reflow-Plate ?

Best regards,

JMF
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:40:54 pm by jmf11 »

• Contributor
Re: Advice for small reflow plate?
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 08:25:44 pm »
I have up to now 2 candidates:
- UYUE 946-1010: with a 100 x 100mm surface,
- Maechanic iX5 (smaller platform, seems 80 x 60 mm)

I don't know if the plate shall be the same size or bigger than the PCB to work on, or if one can slide the PCB over the plate to solder PCBs bigger than the plate (and what would be the best).

JMF

Online thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 10:12:06 pm »
I don't know if the plate shall be the same size or bigger than the PCB to work on, or if one can slide the PCB over the plate to solder PCBs bigger than the plate (and what would be the best)

Its best if the plate is the same size or larger than the PCB. Sliding it around can work but its wasting your time waiting for areas to heat up, uneven heat, and probably more chance it will fall off.
If you are reworking/removing parts maybe the smaller size would work, eg miniware MHP50. But I don't know, I feel like 80 or 100mm is a more appropriate size.

https://maidavale.org/blog/uyue-946-1010-hotplate-review/
https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/rm1otz/psa_uyue_9461010_hot_plate_has_a_secret_menu_that/

Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline m98

• Frequent Contributor

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: Today at 07:50:42 pm »
The 200x200mm 946C is too big for my applications and storage area. But Web tests/feedbacks of the 100x100mm 946-1010 are not very encouraging.

I found several hacks to replace the controller by one allowing temperature profiles. This may not be mandatory but is industrial practice.

I'm not set yet on a model...

Offline selcuk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:52:19 pm »
I was looking for a similar product as well. This one got my attention due to the price for a 15 cm unit. But I couldn't find any review video about its reflow soldering performance.

BY1515 on Aliexpress

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf