Author Topic: Aixun T3A misbehaving on grounded PCBs  (Read 18699 times)

Offline mebel

• Regular Contributor
Re: Aixun T3A misbehaving on grounded PCBs
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2024, 12:25:07 pm »
For me it's always ground issue. Try soledering for example copper plate without grounding then do the same with grounding.

Then do the same with grounding through 1Mohm resistor - it couses that there's no grounding issiue on T3A.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 12:28:39 pm by mebel »

Offline Gediminas

• Regular Contributor
Re: Aixun T3A misbehaving on grounded PCBs
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2024, 06:57:44 am »
Solution to temperature spikes:
I have studied original JBC and Aixun t320 schematics, and found that the only way to get rid of temperature spikes on Aixun, is to ground the station through a 10-15 ohm resistor (should also work on T3A, T3B stations). This will completely eliminate temperature spikes.
You will still have one volt on the tip, but it will be much less current flowing to the ground (if you touch the ground with the tip), it will be pulses of 30 milliamps instead of 1,2-1,4 amps.

It is also possible to reduce voltage on the tip and make current negligible with further modification.
For that we need to replace the 3 core handle cable with 4 core cable (possible to buy at AliExpress), fourth additional core needs to be connected to the cartridges outer shell/tip contact in the handle and other end needs to be connected to the ground at the station (to the real ground, not the ground after 10-15 ohm resistor from which station are grounded).

It could be good if someone will verify that the resistor mod works on T3A, T3B stations (I have checked only on T320, because this station I own).

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, joechina

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf