Author Topic: FLUKE PM3082 - does anybody know anything?  (Read 8471 times)

Offline nicopagTopic starter

FLUKE PM3082 - does anybody know anything?
« on: January 07, 2012, 08:20:49 pm »
Hello everyone!
as I moved from my parents' house to my own house I began building my tiny electronics lab...
Just got a Fluke 87V and now I'm searching for an analog oscilloscope.

On the ebay, in my country (Italy) prices are completely crazy....  it's easy to pay 230€ for a 20MHz dual trace Hameg, 20 years old.. I don't think it worth, given the availablity of a Rigol DS1102E for 350€!

I found from a dismantled lab sell a Fluke PM3082..... 4 channel, readout, ecc....
I never heard anything about Fluke analog scopes.... plus the name looks like a Philips one..
I'm asking if there's anybody who knows the item and can help me
thank you very much!

Nicolo' "Nicko", Venice Italy

Online wkb

• Frequent Contributor
Re: FLUKE PM3082 - does anybody know anything?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 08:38:06 pm »
Specs are here http://www.teknetelectronics.com/DataSheet/FLUKE/FLUKE_308090537.pdf

Note the address listed in Eindhoven.  You guessed it right: that is were Philips' heartland is, where the famous Natlab ("Physics lab") is etc.

OK, they moved their HQ to Amsterdam, but as usual that is a clueless MBA decision. 

alm

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 08:49:06 pm »
Fluke's bench equipment from that time are almost all Philips designs. Fluke bought Philips's T&M department to get their hands on the ScopeMeter technology. They continued to produce most Philips equipment for a few years but discontinued most of them eventually.

Online wkb

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 09:01:00 pm »
Fluke's bench equipment from that time are almost all Philips designs. Fluke bought Philips's T&M department to get their hands on the ScopeMeter technology. They continued to produce most Philips equipment for a few years but discontinued most of them eventually.

Finally found the link:  http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EKF/is_n1965_v39/ai_13909191/

Offline nicopagTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 09:04:08 pm »

Thank you very much for the information... So my next question is... how good are those scopes? :-)
I mean... can they stand a Hameg, Tektronix and so on?
The unit I saw looks like new, the crt is perfectly focused and very bright, ecc..
Should I put it on my wishlist or should I look for something else?

My use would be very "hobbysh".. Audio, amplifiers, crossovers, some simple digital circuit...
100MHz should be enough ;-)

Online kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 10:02:36 pm »
I have a pm3394 for quite long now and I'm really happy with it...
they are good scope
I'm not a pro of oscolliscopes, I didnt use intensely other brands so I cannot compare with other

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf