Author Topic: Digikey claims shorter lead time (LOL)  (Read 2781 times)

Online BudTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Digikey claims shorter lead time (LOL)
« on: February 01, 2023, 08:24:31 pm »
Oh, really?  :-DD
Seems someone took the already changing situation and turned it into a marketing stunt. 
@Digikey-  tell you a little secret if you promise to not tell anyone: 13 weeks lead time Sucks!

ADI Lead-Time Improvements       Analog Devices and Digi-Key Electronics are pleased to announce that lead times for Analog Devices' products are improving in 2023! As of today, half of Analog Devices' portfolio has fewer than 13 weeks of lead time.   This lead-time improvement is expected to continue throughout 2023, with 95% of Analog Devices' portfolio (75K+ unique parts) to be at 13 weeks or less by October 2023.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 08:26:04 pm by Bud »
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
Re: Digikey claims shorter lead time (LOL)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 09:27:11 pm »
What was lead time before current shortage?

Offline Daixiwen

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2023, 09:03:58 am »
I've sampled a few components from our database from 2019 and we had about 10-12 weeks lead time for some components from Linear and 7-9 weeks for some components from Analog Devices.
13 weeks is not good, but it's not that bad either.

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2023, 10:32:16 am »
For me as a hobbyist the most annoying part is when I make an order, there is always something out of stock. I'll get those parts if I wait, but something else will be out of stock.

Offline tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 02:34:36 pm »
13 weeks is about normal for the semiconductor industry.  Remember, this is talking about the huge volumes that Digi-Key deals with not the 1 or 2 off they sell hobbyists.   If Digi-Key gets large demand for a component then they have to push an order downstream to ADI, etc. and they're saying that they can get replenished within 13 weeks now so that's about right.

Offline Stevedefacto

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2023, 08:18:13 am »
Digi-Key will have you waiting weeks for parts to arrive only to find that they canceled your order because they have a past order on file at a different address, and they wanted you to tell them what your old address was.

(I've lived at 3 different addresses since I placed my order over 5 years ago. I have no idea which one they were asking about...)

Offline Microdoser

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2023, 12:41:42 pm »
Digi-Key will have you waiting weeks for parts to arrive only to find that they canceled your order because they have a past order on file at a different address, and they wanted you to tell them what your old address was.

(I've lived at 3 different addresses since I placed my order over 5 years ago. I have no idea which one they were asking about...)

You've been waiting 5 years to have an order delivered? WTH did you order?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf