Author Topic: Dolby CP500 Digital Cinema processor teardown  (Read 3834 times)

Offline mikeselectricstuffTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Dolby CP500 Digital Cinema processor teardown
« on: May 20, 2013, 08:28:25 am »

Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
Re: Dolby CP500 Digital Cinema processor teardown
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 09:04:44 am »
Nice tear down!  :-+ :-+ :-+

Just wondering for the scratch on the LCD... Is there any way to restore such a scratch on a display. I know that in some cases there is a plastic film you can peel off. If the scratch is on a the actual glass/polycarbon? Any paste of some kind someone can apply?

There was a big annoying scratch on an equipment screen. I was applying some petroleum jelly every couple of months. It was hiding the scratch almost completely. Couldn't find something for permanent use (actually no one could verify it wouldn't attack the type o plastic).

Alexander.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 09:09:55 am by firewalker »
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

Offline JackOfVA

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 01:49:09 am »
An interesting tear down, Mike, but can I offer a suggestion.

There's so much camera movement that it almost gives me vertigo - perhaps keeping the camera and board in a relatively fixed position with respect to each other and pointing out the various features with a pencil or screwdriver or the like would steady the image for those of us subject to sea sickness.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 08:29:48 am »
That brittle solder for sealing ICs might be something like Au80/Sn20 -- very high melting point of around 280C (and quite expensive too).

An interesting tear down, Mike, but can I offer a suggestion.

There's so much camera movement that it almost gives me vertigo - perhaps keeping the camera and board in a relatively fixed position with respect to each other and pointing out the various features with a pencil or screwdriver or the like would steady the image for those of us subject to sea sickness.
Good teardown and explanation, but otherwise I agree completely. The field of vision is moving too much for enjoyment.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf