Author Topic: Blower wiring diagram question.  (Read 1395 times)

Offline picandmixTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Blower wiring diagram question.
« on: May 27, 2016, 05:31:34 pm »
Hi,

Have acquired a couple EBM  blower fans and have them running in the mode shown in the left hand diagram.

Basically the two coils between wires  Black U and Grey  V  is 55R and between Blue  W and Brown  Z is 72R

Unfortunately the paper labels are badly worn and cannot see all of the right hand diagram but it would appear that it reverses the capacitor onto the 55R coil.

Just wanted to know what is the point of reversing things in this way, start up speed ?

The guy we got them from thought it was to do with direction;  seems there is the word Rotation or similar just above the E symbol though thought blowers of this type where just one way ?

Offline FrankT

• Regular Contributor
Re: Blower wiring diagram question.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 09:51:18 pm »
If no one replies, you check the www.papst.com website and look for a similar model.  I've done that before to find info on recycled fans.

Offline picandmixTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Blower wiring diagram question.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 11:26:26 pm »
If no one replies, you check the www.papst.com website and look for a similar model.  I've done that before to find info on recycled fans.

Thanks, had already searched their site but nothing covering this old model or similar, like its two wiring diagrams, and googling on that model type does not show anything either; though it was a popular model 30 years ago ... still works well ... :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:28:52 pm by picandmix »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf