Author Topic: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations  (Read 827840 times)

zalvis and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
Re: CFW for KSGER/Quicko STM32 Soldering Stations
« Reply #4150 on: June 26, 2024, 08:45:21 am »
No need of so, it will automatically turn power off when tip is removed?
If you want more time when switching tips, you can increase Error Timeout, so it waits longer.
2 seconds is a pretty good value.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 08:51:32 am by DavidAlfa »
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline LILO

• Contributor
« Reply #4151 on: June 26, 2024, 09:02:19 am »
I think the point is to cool down the tip before removal wo touching encoder knob.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4152 on: June 26, 2024, 11:47:24 am »
Anyways the tip won't cool down just because you remove the power, it will take several minutes.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline clytle374

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4153 on: June 30, 2024, 09:23:29 am »
Well, I got it done.  And it works. 

The following users thanked this post: dcore

Offline dcore

• Contributor
« Reply #4154 on: June 30, 2024, 03:49:22 pm »
Can't see for sure in the photo, but looks like U2 middle pin is not soldered.
When you use smart active, what's the lowest load value you can get?
The lowest I can setup in my ksgers is 6, the other ksger needs 8 (I use c245 in both).
It's much better using smart load when soldering, specially if it's a larger copper mass.

I'm really happy using this FW, thanks @davidalfa!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2024, 04:14:01 pm by dcore »

Offline clytle374

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4155 on: June 30, 2024, 08:22:15 pm »
Can't see for sure in the photo, but looks like U2 middle pin is not soldered.
The lowest I can setup in my ksgers is 6, the other ksger needs 8 (I use c245 in both).
It's much better using smart load when soldering, specially if it's a larger copper mass.

I'm really happy using this FW, thanks @davidalfa!

Very good eye.  I had the boards made without through hole components, and without the expensive opamp for cost reduction.  I'm switching to night shift and missed it in all the excitement.  Safe to say you caught it way faster than I did   ;D

Just to avoid getting a bad comparison, and I've never used it before, what is your test method?  Let me know and I'll get you a number.  I'm using T12 tips.

Offline clytle374

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4156 on: June 30, 2024, 08:49:12 pm »

I think I figured it out.  Nice that the shake icon blinks when it's triggered.  So I can get it down to 3, if I hold my breath and not breathe on it.  4 if I want to breathe freely.  It can easily detect wetting the tip with solder.  Very cool feature.  Very very fine work by @davidalfa Thank You!

Here was how I was testing since I don't have a proper stand.

Offline dcore

• Contributor
« Reply #4157 on: June 30, 2024, 09:59:19 pm »
Just to avoid getting a bad comparison, and I've never used it before, what is your test method?  Let me know and I'll get you a number.  I'm using T12 tips.

How to setup the Smart Active Load is on DavidAlfa github in the operation instructions.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2024, 10:03:12 pm by dcore »

Offline clytle374

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4158 on: June 30, 2024, 10:46:40 pm »
How to setup the Smart Active Load is on DavidAlfa github in the operation instructions.

I found it, see my second reply above.  my t12-j02 tip definitely requires a 4

Offline ststefanov13

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4159 on: July 02, 2024, 05:28:14 pm »
For the information of all colleagues regarding the compatibility of T39 soldering tips of Hakko FX-971 FX-972 .
 Soldering tip connector is same as T12/T15.

With David's firmware it works perfectly, only the heater is changed = 5.7 ohm, power 100W. The thermocouple connected in series to the heater is the same type.

Original HAKKO FX-971 FX-972 handles can be used after replacing the connector with GX-X.

T12/T15-К  23.65 EURO
Т39  - 25 EURO
~1.5 ЕURO = +20W
« Last Edit: July 02, 2024, 06:33:06 pm by ststefanov13 »

Offline wasyoungonce

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4160 on: July 11, 2024, 07:56:02 am »
First Stupid question of the day...looking at buying one of these to try T12.   Should I buy the Ksger ver 3.1 (supposed to be STM32 IC) or Quicko T12-958 (I'm not sure of the handle differences here, supposed to be STM32)

Prefer FX9501 alloy handle not sure of differences or if they some have sleep jiggle etc  I'll be after a few extra cassette tips etc Like T12-BC3M/2M and others (Ksger doesn't have)

Sorry if its be discussed...I did look   Those T39 tips look good

edit this answers handles used
https://www.rchelicopterfun.com/t12-soldering-station.html
The 907 handle is very similar to the 9501 handle. It uses the same T12 soldering tips, has the same NTC & motion switch and still fits in the KSGER T12 clone iron stand I mention later on in the review.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 08:08:40 am by wasyoungonce »
I'd forget my Head if it wasn't screwed on!

Offline clytle374

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4161 on: July 11, 2024, 08:14:50 am »
First Stupid question of the day...looking at buying one of these to try T12.   Should I buy the Ksger ver 3.1 (supposed to be STM32 IC) or Quicko T12-958 (I'm not sure of the handle differences here, supposed to be STM32)

I recently bought 2 of the "KSGER T12 Soldering Iron Station STM32 V3.1S OLED" from Aliexpress.  Both the line powered and the 24V powered.  Both had MM32 processors and the NTC on the control board without it being wired to the output connector. One handle had the NTC the other had a place for one, but no conductor for it.  I replaced the MM32 with a real processor on one and killed the other for R&D to design my own.  I can't help with the other questions, sorry. 

Offline wasyoungonce

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4162 on: July 11, 2024, 08:24:26 am »
many thanks...guessing the Quicko t12-958 is thus best way fwd to get stm32 IC

Edit I saw and note your open source T12  Very nice

edit 2: The PCBs (on all) really need rivets for the connector!
edit 3: Quicko T12-958 ordered plus tips we shall see
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 10:15:25 am by wasyoungonce »

The following users thanked this post: clytle374

Offline wasyoungonce

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4163 on: Yesterday at 04:24:44 am »
ok received my Quicko T12-958    Soldering "good" layout very good, even plastic liner under power board.   Case GND'd ok, but Tip.....not!   Sigh attached pics   They appears to have gone to a different display see images.   Its an STM32F103CBT6 IC (edit 32F not 23F |O) with programming header space.  So pretty much the same as I posted in open STM32 sT12 stations https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/open-t12-soldering-station-released/msg5571525/#msg5571525

None of the heatsinks cover PCB traces, even traces with resist.!  I added pdf schematics that appears to be correct I do not know where i got this probably this forum.  But it is supported for STM32 custom firmware.   But want to resolve the tip GND first.   Pin 4 (T-) does go to GND thru I sense resistor and NTC is in handle and according to schematic.

Question....haven't yet seen schematic but can I connect iron tip GND to case GND, or thru a resistor?

Haven't yet turned it on...I got quite a few spare differing cartridges

edit: Do I need to upload these images and or do a reverse engineer to schematic and upload to the GIT?  Its the same PCB as the T12-958 v2 seen here
https://github.com/deividAlfa/stm32_soldering_iron_controller/blob/master/Readme_files/boards/T12-958_v2.jpg

edit edit: Ok all my answers are previously done by Spleenharvester, Lilo and David Alpfa on previous pages.  I thank them very much.  But one question they (spleenharvester)  earthed tip to GND   I noted it wasn't already, but, if I do this then surely the ISENSE resistor on T- is then bypassed?    added lats schematic by spleenharvester many thanks

Once i resolve the tip GND I'll play then take FW dump and upload the STM32 custom FW many thanks to all especially spleen harvester, Lilo and DavidAlfa
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:07:07 am by wasyoungonce »

Offline clytle374

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4164 on: Today at 04:05:29 am »
None of the heatsinks cover PCB traces, even traces with resist.!  I added pdf schematics that appears to be correct I do not know where i got this probably this forum.  But it is supported for STM32 custom firmware.   But want to resolve the tip GND first.   Pin 4 (T-) does go to GND thru I sense resistor and NTC is in handle and according to schematic.

Question....haven't yet seen schematic but can I connect iron tip GND to case GND, or thru a resistor?

The tip is earthed on the Ksger by solder bridging T- and GND at the connector. 

The following users thanked this post: wasyoungonce

Offline wasyoungonce

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4165 on: Today at 05:07:14 am »
Thanks Cory there is a sml GND pin and T- to the left I can use, but I did get confused as the Case GND (green wire) comes out the pwr board left side (of 3 pin connector) and shifts position to the front panel "centre pin" of the 3 pin connector!   Hmmmmm

But the question is, T- has a sense resistor, very low ohms (.005R) so putting GND on T- would bypass this sense resistor.   Many thanks and forgive if this is a stoopid question

Tip cal went perfect, also setting SLP and STBY temps and time.  Its a great little unit.   But as you said your "open source" would add more functionality.

Oh, my Iron has tilt shake sensor and NTC thermistor,   This station kills my Hakko 936 and various other stations I have.   But have to keep one older as its vac desolder capable.  Got tips....yes!....need spare handles!
« Last Edit: Today at 05:11:14 am by wasyoungonce »

Offline clytle374

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4166 on: Today at 05:36:10 am »
Thanks Cory there is a sml GND pin and T- to the left I can use, but I did get confused as the Case GND (green wire) comes out the pwr board left side (of 3 pin connector) and shifts position to the front panel "centre pin" of the 3 pin connector!   Hmmmmm

But the question is, T- has a sense resistor, very low ohms (.005R) so putting GND on T- would bypass this sense resistor.   Many thanks and forgive if this is a stoopid question

Tip cal went perfect, also setting SLP and STBY temps and time.  Its a great little unit.   But as you said your "open source" would add more functionality.

Oh, my Iron has tilt shake sensor and NTC thermistor,   This station kills my Hakko 936 and various other stations I have.   But have to keep one older as its vac desolder capable.  Got tips....yes!....need spare handles!

I didn't quite understand what you were saying the first time.  First time I've been aware of the isense.  I don't know if there is any provision in David's firmware uses that data or not, I'm not sure how I missed that it existed in all my research.  Try out his firmware. 

Not sure why earth and GND can't be tied together.  If you use a resistor and hit something live it might just burn out. 'Safety grounds' need to be solid. Static grounds are whatever.  I work on high enough voltages that grounds make me nervous . ;)

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4167 on: Today at 07:05:04 am »
It's not really Isense, just a short detection, triggers below a threshold.
It's the only board with this, so protection is not implemented in CFW.
I might add support for it, it's not hard, just make a new error screen showing shortcircuit, halting the station.

Offline wasyoungonce

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4168 on: Today at 07:14:32 am »
It's not really Isense, just a short detection, triggers below a threshold.
It's the only board with this, so protection is not implemented in CFW.
I might add support for it, it's not hard, just make a new error screen showing shortcircuit, halting the station.

Many thanks...me thinks if its drawing too much current...its already too late for the station PSU!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf