Author Topic: Teardown Request: RadiaCode-101  (Read 3549 times)

Offline XandinatorTopic starter

• Contributor
Teardown Request: RadiaCode-101
« on: January 09, 2022, 01:37:13 am »
Has anybody a RadiaCode-101 (https://scan-electronics.com/en/dosimeters/radiacode-101) in their possession and is willing to open it and share the construction details? The page lists them as currently unavailable...
Thanks in advance

Offline TurboTom

• Super Contributor
Re: Teardown Request: RadiaCode-101
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 03:28:52 am »
Here's an (unfortunately quite unprofessionally recorded) teardown clip by a Russian Blogger "Radiophobia" that may satisfy your curiosity. Even though this is against the forum's statutes and usually, I'm not the "faint of heart" at all regarding tearing down my stuff, I'll leave my RadiaCode 101 in one piece... Optical shielding and the slight hygroscopy of the CsI:Tl scintillator crystal make me somewhat reluctant to disassemble my specimen without a strict neccessity  ;).

The following users thanked this post: Dr_Bob, blargg, naelolaiz

Offline Kyrad777

• Contributor
Re: Teardown Request: RadiaCode-101
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 10:17:46 am »
Mine just got bricked by windows deciding to interrupt a firmware update to tell me my computer is not windows 11 compatible ( I didn't ask ), so I took it apart to take some pics and see if there was any reset switch.  No such luck.  Its made in a certain country that is impossible to get in touch with right now that rhymes with "Mussia", so I now have a $400 paperweight.

Anyway, here are some pics of the inside.  These are really close up since everything on the board is crazy small.   I didn't take the board out, so its only one side.  Im hoping to find the files to re-program it through the 5 pin interface, but so far, no luck.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 10:22:24 am by Kyrad777 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf