Author Topic: Any options for AiXun H310D?  (Read 2657 times)

Offline heygeorgeTopic starter

• Contributor
  • !
Any options for AiXun H310D?
« on: June 12, 2023, 10:16:15 am »
Is there any one had got the the AiXun H310D hot air station and review it? it's seems a fantastic addition to my workspace but no any review information yet 

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Any options for AiXun H310D?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 08:12:35 am »
I have them ordered but they don't have 110v units still they are telling me. I asked if they will work on 110v and was told no but I can't be sure or I would have them ship my order

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 10:33:17 pm »
Nice to see another hot air station that is not oversized.

I have them ordered but they don't have 110v units still they are telling me. I asked if they will work on 110v and was told no but I can't be sure or I would have them ship my order

The problem is the heater coil in the handle, if its wound for 220V then you'll get very little power at 110V. The rest of the electronics are probably fine.
There is no real easy way around this.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 10:35:05 pm by thm_w »
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2023, 09:06:23 pm »

This seller claims to have 110V, I sent them a message to confirm: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005643685996.html

edit: seller confirmed it was a mistake and removed it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 05:45:56 pm by thm_w »

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2023, 12:41:58 am »
if they actually do which i doubt their price is way to high. also i dont think they do because aixun themselves told me they have not shipped any 110v units and dont have any right now. so unless they are modifying them somehow im not sure how they are 110v. the largest aixun reseller basically on the planet cant even get them i spoke to them on the phone.

Offline heygeorgeTopic starter

• Contributor
  • !

Online slavoy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2023, 08:32:58 am »
I have it from AiXun. I've only done preliminary tests so far and put it back in the box. The review will have English subtitles and will be ready in about 2 weeks.
At first glance, the build quality is good. The handle is similar to the Quick 861DW, and the tips are interchangeable, although they differ slightly in mounting diameter.
The airflow performance appears to be not much lower than that of the Quick, despite the specifications indicating a difference (50L/min. vs 120L/min.). But I haven't measured the actual power yet.
Most of the functions are not working at the moment: Wi-Fi, soldering profiles, languages, graphs... I also don't see the calibration option. AiXun provides frequent updates, so I hope they will fix it quickly.
Currently, only temperature and airflow adjustment, 3 memory presets, and heating modes (soft/normal/top speed) along with USB-C communication are functioning. It seems like they wanted to bring it to the market very quickly.
I will also take a look inside to check the build quality. I will let you know soon.
https://youtube.com/shorts/WYsb7J7Z2Ms?feature=share

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2023, 06:05:32 pm »
do you have anyway to see if it will safely run on 110v? I'm guessing it will but the heater will not get up to Temps. I have 2 here but they were ordered as 110 and both were shipped as 220v. seller says its fine aixun said no

Online slavoy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2023, 07:10:45 pm »
I don't have a powerful enough 110V AC power source. The heater control is via a triac, and it operates at 230V. So even if the station starts working at 110V, it would be unusable since you don't get enough power to the heater.

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2023, 04:32:31 am »
i LOVE my aixun products. we use them every single day in the shop ive had only one failure out of dozens of products. even uv curing lights etc. BUT so far this is the first time i was a bit let down by something from aixun i mean did it work yes. did it do the job yes. it is powerful i mean yeah its not bad (imo my other units seem more powerful to be honest and this was with a 220v source) there are things still that just dont work in the firmware and it froze up 4 times on me during the update and i never have this issue with any other aixun products. i have 2 one of them i had to open up because something was loose and rattling around, turned out to be a small screw i could not find anywhere for it to go so just in case i put it in a small baggie and taped it up inside the unit if i ever find i do need it. it seems slow also. to go up to temp was far faster on my other two main units. cool down was maybe a bit faster on the aixun. i mean its not at all a terrible unit and it does the job but i think it has a lot more gimmicky things then just a good old fashioned hot air gun should be. if they can get all of that working right then it could be a winner. for now one will ne boxed up (for later testing) and the other sold off. imo they need to bring the price down on it some also. the retail really is not to bad but the sellers are jacking it up with super high shipping and or inflated prices. im a bit sad because because up till now every time i get an aixun product im excited to open it and test / use it and this time was a but of a let down. still one of the best "knock off" brands out there imo and def worth it for the soldering stations for sure. but for now unless you need something specific (make sure its working first) the h310 has then just go for something known reliable imo.

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2023, 10:26:50 pm »
The UI did seem really slow in SDG's review (below). Looks like the MCU might have been GD32F305, but its a bit dark.

I wouldn't really care if the presets work properly (M1/M2/M3), because thats what I use 99% of the time, but if you use the UI often it would be annoying.

Offline Raziel92

• Contributor
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2023, 07:37:21 pm »
Im really disappointed about the build quality (1st time)
Im waiting for the aixun response when they will launch new model, until now ill go for Sugon 8650 which is superior built

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf