Author Topic: Any opinions on the AiXun T3A?  (Read 264990 times)

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Any opinions on the AiXun T3A?
« Reply #375 on: February 04, 2022, 06:32:12 pm »
its odd out of 20+ of them i have ordered i only ever got ones with the green handles and not one had any issues except for some light bleed in the upper right corner of the screen on a few of them. i wonder if its some that come from one place or another specifically that have worse qc

Offline dreamcat4

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #376 on: February 04, 2022, 06:36:08 pm »
its odd out of 20+ of them i have ordered

so through which reseller did you buy them?

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #377 on: February 05, 2022, 02:17:24 am »
some of them came from china from "tempered store" and the rest came from injured gadgets in the usa. so far like i said other than the light bleeding on a few the rest are all working fine no loose parts etc. one did have some marks in the finish on the case they were minor though. one other one the power plug on the back is a bit wobbly but otherwise nothing else. my guys use them even in the shop for months now. one guy bought two himself for him to use as home he liked them enough.

The following users thanked this post: dreamcat4

Offline fkfaraz

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #378 on: February 05, 2022, 07:34:00 pm »
Are you using the aixun with jbc tips or Chinese tips?

Offline fkfaraz

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #379 on: February 05, 2022, 07:40:15 pm »
some of them came from china from "tempered store" and the rest came from injured gadgets in the usa. so far like i said other than the light bleeding on a few the rest are all working fine no loose parts etc. one did have some marks in the finish on the case they were minor though. one other one the power plug on the back is a bit wobbly but otherwise nothing else. my guys use them even in the shop for months now. one guy bought two himself for him to use as home he liked them enough.

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #380 on: February 05, 2022, 09:33:46 pm »
for most things original jbc ones. but we do use the knock off ones for some things also they def do not work as well as genuine tips do thats for sure. not the worst things you can use but not great either. with genuine tips the system performs directly head to head with the real jbc stations every time.

The following users thanked this post: fkfaraz, SHTechnics

Offline cgf5

• Contributor
« Reply #381 on: February 06, 2022, 09:02:38 am »
Don't blame all broken inductors on manufacturer - likely many broken parts are due to transit/delivery and not because of QC of manufacturer. But you should blame manufacturer for not using enough elastic adhesive!

Clone tips perform ok but one of mine clone tip did already died just after couple of weeks of use @ 300 C (320 C actual 350 C overshoots). This tip was working fine for many hours but eventually heater went open when I turned station on from cold. Station works fine with other tips after this. Let's hope this is not a feature and I just got bad sample.

Controller is also not very smart - when tip failed - unit displayed 100% full power forever. Controller should know that 25 C tip temperature with full power after 5 minutes is somewhat unusual :-//.

Offline SHTechnics

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #382 on: February 15, 2022, 12:50:40 pm »
Hi there, long time follower of the thread and plenty of experience with JBC and now looking for a cheaper version. I've ordered the T3A yesterday because it seems promising but I would like to change the capacitors immediately while I'm performing the 'real' quality control. Does anyone has the specs of the caps so I can already order some Panasonic/Nichicon/... replacements? I'll report back when I've thoroughly tested the station. Thanks in advance!

Offline Ungolian

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #383 on: February 15, 2022, 05:34:29 pm »
Eltax posted this in reply #189.  These are the values.  But the actual dimensions of the caps aren't listed.  Which is important because the larger ones don't have much room around them.  Width-wise anyways, there is more vertical room.  Not sure about the lead spacing either.  A part number for the inductor would be nice too, in case someone needs to replace theirs. 

The following users thanked this post: SHTechnics

Offline SHTechnics

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #384 on: February 15, 2022, 07:55:52 pm »
Thanks. But indeed, the dimensions matter. I have to order some caps anyway so I'll see if I can guess them right  ;D.
It may take 10 days before the T3A arrives but then I'll post the correct dimensions and maybe even the right replacements. 

Offline Ungolian

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #385 on: February 15, 2022, 07:59:46 pm »
Wait a day.  I was kind of hoping someone would chime in with the dimensions, but I need to do this too.  When I get home in a couple of hours, I'll open up mine and measure them.

Offline SHTechnics

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #386 on: February 15, 2022, 08:08:19 pm »
Thanks in advance! It will be helpful for others too. Maybe you could even find the part number for the inductor.

Offline I Broke it Again

« Reply #387 on: February 15, 2022, 11:22:40 pm »
Aixun T3A capacitor sizes.

C1
82 uf 400v
18.3mm Wide X 27mm high
7.5mm Lead spacing.

C2
10 uf 50v
5mm wide x 12mm high
3mm Lead spacing.

C7 And C8
1000 uf 35v
10.2mm wide x 21.10mm high
5mm Lead spacing.

C10
470 uf 35v
10.1mm wide x 16.6mm high
5mm Lead spacing.

Width and Height are approximate, measured fast first time I opened unit.
Just replaced my caps last weekend, replacements had absolutely no issues ordering at those dimensions.
Keep the width close, don't exceed around 30mm or so in height and you'll be just fine.

I'd post up part #'s I used but I had some here and lately I have to take the best that's in stock and not necessarily what I want lol. Also I used a 250v cap for C1, as i'm in the US and have no intention on running it on 220v.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 11:29:50 pm by I Broke it Again »

The following users thanked this post: dreamcat4, Serpent10i, Ungolian, SHTechnics

Offline I Broke it Again

« Reply #388 on: February 15, 2022, 11:40:44 pm »
Also since Im here,

I heard the "buzz" from the unit that might be like others have described. Usually i don't pay much attention but I did hear it. On my unit definitely isn't coming from the handle, its coming from the unit. Its a high frequency "humm" or "buzz" when its driving the heater. I can clearly hear it and see when the display adds 3% or whatever power in pulses to maintain the temp. Mine is not loud in the least and isn't a bother for me and honestly I wouldn't have noticed but I was listening carefully to see if I could hear something. It may not be the same noise as the others are experiencing, but I do hear something.

I'm on 1.22 firmware.

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #389 on: February 16, 2022, 12:04:34 am »
yup i only hear it in a very quiet room and if im paying attention. otherwise its not loud enough to hear on any of the units i have in the shop. i have handled and tested more then 20 like i said. one of them is a very little bit louder then the other but still nothing i can hear if like the tv is on or the radio is on low in the back round i have to turn things off to notice it.

Offline Ungolian

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #390 on: February 16, 2022, 12:44:09 am »
I'd consider upgrading 1.22 to 1.25.  1.23 was perfect, no issues at all, and no unnecessary features.  1.25 now works the exact same as 1.23, but has the unnecessary graphing function.  Not a big deal, I never use it.  Does anyone with a T3A that buzzes also have a set of EMC near field probes for their scope?  At least figure out where exactly it comes from.  Any chance it's the buzzer?  Just because it's disabled in the options may not mean it's entirely disabled.  Maybe inductively coupled?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 12:47:11 am by Ungolian »

Offline damanloox

• Contributor
« Reply #391 on: February 16, 2022, 09:15:49 pm »
An infantile question: why do you replace the caps..?

Offline SHTechnics

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #392 on: February 16, 2022, 10:14:58 pm »
Cheap caps are used and are not reliable so it's better to replace them asap to prevent problems. Bad caps are a common cause of problems in those Chinese electronics.

Offline serg_77

« Reply #393 on: February 17, 2022, 06:58:55 pm »
The station has been operating for two months, so far everything is fine. There is a problem with any Chinese electronics - this is a fact, but it depends on the operating time. The problem with capacitors will appear during active work in 1-1.5 years, but for now do not concentrate on this. There will be a problem - change.

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #394 on: February 17, 2022, 10:06:48 pm »
I ordered in some replacements just to have on hand but im not going to rush in to change them. ill just hang onto them in case there is an issue. so far all of my units are working fine i dont see the need to yet

Offline SHTechnics

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #395 on: February 17, 2022, 10:14:45 pm »
I'm just taken the opportunity to replace them while the unit is open. It's not mandatory to replace them immediately of course...

Offline mastershake

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #396 on: February 18, 2022, 12:49:33 am »
well yeah def if i end up opening one again for some reason ill change them out. but not gonna waste time doing it like i said if i dont have to. or if im bored one day lol ill go ahead and open em up.

Offline damanloox

• Contributor
« Reply #397 on: February 19, 2022, 09:19:57 am »
I'm having issues updating the device...
I've win10 (clean install), installed their application, updated it. Then installed the driver (ft). Unfortunately every time I connect the station via usb on the side the computer reboots...
Any ideas..? The station is not connected to mains power, just to the pc via usb..
I also tried installing "generic" ftdi driver - in which case the computer doesn't reboot but the station isn't recognised (in device manager or in the aixun application)

Offline dreamcat4

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #398 on: February 19, 2022, 09:46:30 am »
is it an amd am4 motherboard? have you tried ports of different usb controller chip? (if 2nd usb chip exits on the motherboard)

otherwise it maybe the station has a short in the PD after usbc PD handshake? but perhap it should not behave exactly in those ways for that situation. idk. try connecting station to a different PC?

Offline damanloox

• Contributor
« Reply #399 on: February 19, 2022, 10:23:29 am »
I tried all usb ports I have on the PC... It's intel core5 CPU... And one more thing - the PC only has "standard" USB (ie. USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports - no usbc)...
I don't have any other PC though (I've a few macs and even tried it with VMWare running windows but it doesn't get detected at all)...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf