Author Topic: Current Source Advice Needed- [ For Designing ESR Meters + Vintage Restoration]  (Read 2068 times)

Offline Amarbir[Lynx-India]Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
    • Lynx-India - Visit Us For Not So Boring Electronic Instruments
Hello All,
          I Am Currently Gathering Tools For Designing A Analog ESR Meter .As i would be buying analog meters off the market i need to test then in small mirco amp steps To See The accuracy .I also have many vintage analog instruments and would need the same for testing their meters . What would be the most efficient way to test the same with the minimum amount of money  .I would not mind fabricating a DIY project for this if it exists  .I need to design the scales of the same so i need a accurate instrument .Please help and pour your suggestion .I know we have many old vintage instrument users here  .
Regards

Amarbir Singh Dhillon [ Lynx-India ] , Chandigarh [ India ] - > www.lynxdealerstore.com , www.lynx-india.com
Indian Distributor For  [ Autoelectric , Sofitech , IDEOfy ,Peak Electronic Design [UK ] , Anatek And Creatronica ]
My Electronics Blog - > www.lynxchandigarh.com

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
Get one of these

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/hp-6632b-power-supply-electronic-load-in-uk/msg189825/#msg189825

Can sink & source 5A , and is more accurate than most DMM's

/Bingo

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
Get one of these

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/hp-6632b-power-supply-electronic-load-in-uk/msg189825/#msg189825

Can sink & source 5A , and is more accurate than most DMM's

/Bingo

Sir ,
     Thanks for the heads up on this .Its very heavy and that too in Uk .I would prefer something in US of A . Something smaller .Also i would like to ask how will i find what voltage to drive these meters at ,varying the current part i understand .Will these meters have a datasheet i doubt they will from one place in india i plan to buy but datasheets is a no no in that place damn . 
Regards

Amarbir Singh Dhillon [ Lynx-India ] , Chandigarh [ India ] - > www.lynxdealerstore.com , www.lynx-india.com
Indian Distributor For  [ Autoelectric , Sofitech , IDEOfy ,Peak Electronic Design [UK ] , Anatek And Creatronica ]

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
1.5V battery, 1M variable resistor in series with the meter movement and a 1k series protection resistor. Use a DMM to measure the low current flow and then vary the pot and write down the deflection versus current indicated on the DMM. Works well for me, I found the cheap analogue meters are pretty sensitive, being around 400uA full scale. Use the DMM to measure the coil resistance as well to help when you calculate the dropping resistor value. Simple and quick, as well as parts that are very likely on hand in your worktop.

• Frequent Contributor
  • Indian Dealer
1.5V battery, 1M variable resistor in series with the meter movement and a 1k series protection resistor. Use a DMM to measure the low current flow and then vary the pot and write down the deflection versus current indicated on the DMM. Works well for me, I found the cheap analogue meters are pretty sensitive, being around 400uA full scale. Use the DMM to measure the coil resistance as well to help when you calculate the dropping resistor value. Simple and quick, as well as parts that are very likely on hand in your worktop.

Well,
      Sean Sir ,I am looking for a instrument  :D
Regards

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf