Author Topic: 34MP HDMI Microscope Camera (Hayear, Amszoom Ykins Tech China) Quick Review  (Read 9492 times)

Offline MechatrommerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
i recently bought a claimed 34 Mega Pixel HDMI Microscope from this Aliexpress Seller...

User Manual can be found at http://download.hayear.com/upLoad/down/month_1904/201904220357021528.pdf
from Hayear website http://download.hayear.com/list/?15_1.html

Firmware:
Model: HY-1138
Version: V1.6
Date: 26 Jan 2019
Firm: Hayear

Firmware bugs:
1) SD/TF card must be present otherwise display will be locked indefinitely while camera is looking for the SD card.
2) in video mode (after long press center button) we cant go more than 2X up button click (about more than 2.8X zoom) otherwise it will be locked and monitor shows garbage colors. fix is restart camera. but in picture mode, its fine until 5X (digital) zoom.
3) sometime saving to SD card, FW will report memory error (unable to save) esp when you already save few pictures/videos in it. restarting camera sometime fix it but sometime it will save 0 byte data. fix is formatting the card from FW menu and start saving video/picture again. this will be annoying and less reliable if you decide to save many files in one go or your business is saving files with this kind of thing (like Mr Rossman). maybe this is sd card compatibility? i'm not sure, i'm using Kingston 32GB micro SD Card.

Overall:
i like it for the purpose i want (only for inspection and soldering small SMD components/circuit. zoom is right imho (on my 27" monitor) even on minimal magnification (maximum working distance). i believe soldering smaller than 0.5mm pitch IC or 0402 or smaller resistor will be no problem. but adjusting magnification is by adjusting distance to object and then refocus using lens ring, more magnification means you need to bring the lens closer to object. Working distance is plenty if you dont require maximum zoom. 20cm+ on minimal magnification (maximum stand height) to only few cm on maximum zoom (a 2.54mm pitch hole and pad can almost fit my entire screen) soldering will be difficult at this distance.

by default when turning on, camera will be in picture mode, screen refresh rate is slower i think 30fps, but when switching to video mode (long press center button) screen refresh rate is amazing i think 60fps, so its better to work in this mode (other than snapping pictures). but in video mode, we can only go to about 2.8X digital zoom otherwise crashed. i dont think this feature will be important as optical zoom already give plenty of magnification. if i need it, i will teach myself to not click more than twice on digital zoom, but even i hit crash, restart camera will not hurt.

Few sample videos at 1080P 60fps (100MB+ each) and pictures at full 34MP, 21MP and 16MP resolutions (re-encoded by me to reduce file size from about 7MB to about 1MB each. quality difference will be unnoticeable you can trust me on this unless if you have bionic eyes) are provided in http://soasystem.com/download/hayea34mp/ reduced resolution are attached here. my thanks to the sponsoring hoster https://www.dreamhost.com/ that was provided to me by eevblog forum member Torch sometime ago. i hope them success in their business and i will be glad if some of you who want to make a website to use their service, not so expensive i believe at ~$3/mth (no affiliate, only a happy user). i decided not to use youtube service as they will re-encode the video to the level of uselessness for quality verification, so i used my website service for raw to the byte metal file data. but i will not abuse it so i will only provide 2 simple videos (not to mention humongous amount of time trying to upload just 200MB+ of it).

i cant play the max resolution 60fps video correctly on my VLC player in WinXP, some flickering on bottom side, i believe this related to my system setting and the video should playback just fine on other proper player and OS but not 100% sure, some of you may confirm this. i think image quality is very reasonable up to max 34MP size but i believe its using latest tech image enlargement (i know because i'm a photographer and 34MP native resolution on that small sensor is just too good to be true), maybe 16MP native resolution is about right, but thats still plenty of resolution imho (4608 x 3456) = 16MP, (6800 x 5100) = 34MP (34.7MP)

so overall, this is a happy purchase. i believe after this, no more my diy magnification loupe on a gauge dial stand. i hope this may help humanity not muggles in general and eevblog members in specific, as i didnt see any review yet on this product, so this is basically a shooting blind purchase. ymmv fwiw. cheers.

edit: one more thing that i believe worth mentioning (for me at least) is that i can use the ring light on my recently purchased used Dynascope TS-2 yay! since the ring light can fit max 64mm OD lens, the Dynascope's lens is just a bit under that yes!!! enough to lit a circuit through that monster "who know what inside" lenses, so no more burning heat of 75W halogen bulb of the 70's.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 06:06:35 pm by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

• Super Contributor
today, testing its connection to PC USB. its installed automatically as USB Video Device, no driver needed. software for it is S-EYE Setup Microscope Camera can do measurement after calibration is made. the HAYEAR industrial microscope camera measure software crashed when i tried to select the camera. from screenshot in website, it shows HY-1138 as camera list, so i'm not sure how to download driver to show that name, mine showing "USB Video Device".

fwiw.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
Interesting, What is the distance between the pcb and microscope?

• Super Contributor
in the last picture (pc s-eye sw screen capture), the tip of lens to pcb is 30-33 cm, and the focus ring is near at the end already, so i guess its the maximum distance it can go. i've rearrange my bench to put the camera permanently on a raised 30cm+ height (attached) because it seems i'm going to need it often, as replacement to my diy magnifier (green in the attached pic) which i think will go away forever for good, clear up more space on the bench.

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
That is a very nice and usable height, on the first picture of the seller it looked like there was 10cm or so that would be tight but 30cm is very nice.

• Super Contributor
height can be adjusted from 5 to 20cm+ on the stand, refocus using lens ring will be required. with 5cm working distance will give maximum magnification, imagine about 1 or 2 holes only visible in the last picture (s-eye sw screen capture).

Offline packetbob

• Contributor
    • zappedmyself.com
I had been thinking of getting a HDMI type microscope camera for some time..
Saw your post and decided the cost seemed OK for what I would get so I ordered the same one...
I had the same results and overall I am quite happy with it...
I had a small issue in that the hole for one of the bolts (that tightens the assembly to the support post) wasn't threaded but I was able to fix that...

• Super Contributor
I had a small issue in that the hole for one of the bolts (that tightens the assembly to the support post) wasn't threaded but I was able to fix that...
funnily i figured this out later while trying to open it up. one of the screw out of four is missing :palm: i thought they forgot on my unit but it seems to you as well.

Offline zachik

• Contributor
@Mechatrommer - 18 months later... are you still happy with this microscope camera?
Also, the Aliexpress link (in your 1st post) - does it include the lens and stand?  or just the camera, and I need to buy the lens and mount / stand in addition?

• Super Contributor
its my main magnifier for soldering now and still happy. for quick inspection i use magnifier loupe. the link in OP is not there anymore but i believe you can still find in aliexpress. the price is for all complete set camera/lens/stand/led, whats not there to operate is HDMI cable, monitor and sd card. if you can find better speced and cheaper camera today, you can consider it as well since the unit with me has minor bugs, such as sometime picture not showing up on monitor during startup (need to restart power), short blank/glitch on the screen while in operation, unreadable sd card while the card is there, but they are not so often. ymmv.

The following users thanked this post: zachik

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf