Author Topic: Yamaha RXV477 in DC protect  (Read 426 times)

Offline vboss5764Topic starter

Yamaha RXV477 in DC protect
« on: September 06, 2022, 05:04:43 pm »
I just repaired this stereo FR channel, still saying "DC protect 255H" I measure about -9 volts to ground on all emitters, collectors of the mains, on all the big emitter resistor pins. I have checked all the channels, everything looks fine, no bad components in the channels, seems to be back feeding from the DC protect line. Its on every channel too. I pulled all the main outputs and still have the voltage. Im stumped, I have spent too many hours chasing this ghost.

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
Re: Yamaha RXV477 in DC protect
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 09:07:03 pm »
What was the repair about? Initial symptoms? Parts replaced and where were they bought?
If you're sure enough the DC offset comes from the DC protection circuit, surely you can lift a component to confirm that.

Online wasedadoc

• Super Contributor
Re: Yamaha RXV477 in DC protect
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 09:44:37 pm »
Some years ago I repaired a Yamaha AV receiver that was shutting down just after power on with a diagnostic message about voltage. Turned out nothing amiss with the power amps. A 5 Volt regulator for some of the ancilliary circuitry had failed and its voltage was also incorporated into the power amps protection sensing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf