Author Topic: Weller WRS-1002 Rework Station Repair  (Read 222 times)

Offline ibm portable pcTopic starter

Weller WRS-1002 Rework Station Repair
« on: September 01, 2024, 07:02:35 am »
I purchased one if these on ebay, for what looked like a good price, however, there is not enough suction to desolder anything.

I then tried to increase the air volume via the instructions from the manual:

“Air-setting
By permanently pressing the „Air“ button (8) the display switches to air-volume. The air throughput can then be altered gradually from 1 l/min-10 l/min by pressing the „Up“ or „Down“ buttons (4) (7). If the buttons are continuously pressed, the adjustment is fast.”

https://www.manualslib.com/products/Weller-Wrs-1002-6896852.html

This did not help. So assuming the pump itself is not faulty, the control circuitry is. My problem is that I have not been in the electronics space for about 40 years and my knowledge is rusty, to say the least.

I opened the unit up and determined that the pump appears to be controlled via one of two triacs, T2 or T3 as shown on page 18 of the manual. Having said that, I have only conducted a quick visual inspection. I next plan to:

1. Determine which triac is connected to the pump.
2. Measure voltages on all triac pins as I adjust the front panel air volume controls.
3. Replace the triac if only output to pump does not vary.
4. Trace circuit back from triac if no voltages around triac vary.

All suggestions are welcoming, including links to a schematic, which I have been unable to locate.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2024, 05:16:20 am by ibm portable pc »

Offline Timoteo

Re: Weller WRS-1002 Rework Station Repair
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2024, 09:24:04 am »
Hello ibm,

How is going the troubleshooting?
Did you try those simple steps as clean the gun, pipes, filters and the pump itself?
A lot of the times the problem is just mechanical.

good luck
Timóteo

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf