Author Topic: Toshiba WT8-A battery externaly charged but still won't turn on?  (Read 1597 times)

Offline toriniTopic starter

I got this windows tablet for cheap, the seller said the battery reads 0v, but of course he was measuring the output of the protection board and not the battery itself. The li-po cells had 2v each, I hooked up an external charger directly to the cells (which are connected in parallel) and charged it to +4v, after this the protection circuit was reading 4v on the output aswell, but the tablet still won't turn on.
The battery has 3 red 3 black, 1 green, yellow, white, and blue wire. So it's not your usual 2 wire plug and play battery. Could it be that the protection board declared that the battery is bad and it won't power the tablet anymore? Also could someone explain what are those wires for, I know red,black for power and yellow or white is for temperature, but what are the rest?

Offline HpMad

Re: Toshiba WT8-A battery externaly charged but still won't turn on?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 11:21:53 pm »
I am actually reading your post on a tablet of the same make and model.
If battery is fully charge and keeps the charge, then check if caps or diodes are short around the battery connector those tablets needs to be press around 2 seconds the power button in order to turn it on.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf