Author Topic: URC MX-6000 Remote  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Bigfoot1993Topic starter

URC MX-6000 Remote
« on: December 20, 2017, 03:07:41 am »
I have a question that i hope someone can answer. I was a certified installer for the URC MX ine of remotes. I own the URC MX-6000 touchscreen. It was a store demo model from where i worked. My battery failed after 2 years. I ordered a replacement from URC. I think it was $120 american, expensive but i thought it best. It also failed after barely 1 year. I was told that i had left it on the charging dock to long, and i should remove it when fully charged. This goes against the treatment of the first battery as it was also left on the charger both before i owned it while a store demo, and when i programmed it for my home. I then got one off E-bay for about $50. With this new battery i have a lot of screen issues, and button problems, and the battery doesn't seem to hold the charge for very long. I assumed i needed to clean the remote. However I tried putting the remote, minus battery on the charging stand and it seems to be functioning fine. This gave me a crazy idea which is me question. Could the E-Bay battery not put out the correct amperage? It is a 3.7 VDC-5200 mAh-19.24 WH. Unfortunately i got rid of the old battery when i got the new one. URC tech support is not helpful at all.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Offline ivi_yak

• Regular Contributor
Re: URC MX-6000 Remote
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 11:19:01 pm »
could you specify your question
eevblog

Offline Bigfoot1993Topic starter

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 07:33:35 am »
I have no idea what the original battery was speced at. I was hoping someone could tell me if the battery i am using could be a poor replacement? Knowing it is a chinese "one hung low" replacement.

Offline ivi_yak

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 11:57:45 pm »
simply you can measure current consumption and choose your bat
eevblog

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf