Author Topic: Repair SainSmart DDS140  (Read 1737 times)

Offline afarreTopic starter

Repair SainSmart DDS140
« on: March 25, 2018, 09:23:27 am »
I just burned out my DDS140 doing an unsafe ground probe connection. It still partially woks letting me to see test signal at some scales. Signal generator and Logic Analizer are still working.
I just made some cheks on PCB circuit but I am at some point where I cannot continue troubleshooting without the SCHEMATIC.
I am positive that it could be easily fixed having the schematic. Any input about it?
Thanks

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: Repair SainSmart DDS140
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 11:40:02 am »
Ask them,  not sure they will provide schematics,  or ask them under an non disclosure agreement ?   or maybe just the input section ???

Or provide us with pictures of the board, we can help identify some chips,  normally you have some coupling chips or maybe some who do somekind of isolation ??

Offline afarreTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 12:33:52 pm »
Ask them,  not sure they will provide schematics,  or ask them under an non disclosure agreement ?   or maybe just the input section ???

Or provide us with pictures of the board, we can help identify some chips,  normally you have some coupling chips or maybe some who do somekind of isolation ??

Thank you for your reply.

I asked them right after my post here, but saying the truth, not sure if it was a good idea. I got an auto-reply that says they are going to answer in 24h. If I get some sort of negative answer, it is a good idea to ask just for input section, thanks fot that.

About the pics there are plenty of them at this forum thread:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/sainsmart-dds120-usb-oscilloscope-(buudai-bm102)/
and here with detalis of some IC's:
https://sigrok.org/wiki/SainSmart_DDS140
but don't worry about it, I have already checked the IC fuse, the IC LDO 3.3V, all diodes and some transistors. Next I need to unsolder some transistor for proper test but  first I prefer so see if I get the schematic.

On wednesday I am to receive my new oscope Siglent SDS1202X-E (https://www.siglent.eu/sds1202x-e.html)
once having it I could make some more advanced checks like some OA's that could be acting as isolation, as you said.

Thank you again.

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 01:23:07 pm »
well you have input signal diodes, cd4052 switches an the ad converter, it may have blown up to that chip, or the worst,  up to the cypress chip, or maybe you have an fused pcb trace ??? 

For thoses puppies i would have automatically installed an usb isolator ...  for any usb plugged measurement tool, and or an isolated / floating supply if needed,  had to much problems at my work, had to order ftdi isolated usb rs232 cables.  Bad signals / distortion, and mostly ground potentials problems

good luck

Offline K6TWO

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 12:51:51 am »
I have a DDS140 with the signal gen encroachment. but I do not have the software any more. Do you have the complete software and could you nor anyone burn me a CD with the auto install and all the required drivers and software. Ill reimburse you for your time. Right now it is just a brick to me.
619 518 2547 text me

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf