Author Topic: Tektronix 2215 High Pitched Whine  (Read 265 times)

Offline warpigs330Topic starter

• Contributor
Tektronix 2215 High Pitched Whine
« on: July 28, 2024, 01:52:40 pm »
I just recently received a Tektronix 2215. It was rescued from going into a dumpster when a manufacturing operation was cleaning out their stuff. So now I have it, and from my initial testing everything seems to work fine on it. But it does emit a very high pitched whine, that increases and decreases in volume as the scope is powered. There are times when the scope is completely silent. Then other times when the whining will be enough to make me not really want to use the scope. I was looking through other topics similar to this one, and found this: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/tektronix-2215-pulsingchirping-noise-no-trace/

The poster on that topic said "The sound is heard when the high pitch HV should be heard" which leads me to think that maybe this high pitched noise is just normal? I would love to fix it if I can, because I do audio work, and having a scope with no fans and completely silent would be a big help. I also wouldn't mind just generally doing maintenance on this scope, if there is anything y'all recommend, I'm not super experienced with repairing vintage gear.

Offline andrewtaylor

• Contributor
Re: Tektronix 2215 High Pitched Whine
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2024, 02:09:10 pm »
Check for dried Out capacitors , all electrolytics one primary and secondary

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf