Author Topic: Small fasteners and washers for fine mechanichs, where to get them ?  (Read 5059 times)

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
Re: Small fasteners and washers for fine mechanichs, where to get them ?
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2017, 03:28:45 am »
Hey, I don't know. But after 8.1., I'll be contacting them anyway.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2018, 09:27:06 pm »
Right, no more paper catalogue at Bürklin unfortunally. There was one available until 2016. But they are aware of the shortcomings of their web catalogue, as many customers have complained.
They will make available a PDF catalogue of a structure and layout close to the last paper catalogue.
This is expected to happen in the first quarte of the year.

Online tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2018, 10:32:13 pm »
What a pity.  I can't be the only person who finds a dead-tree catalog to be incredibly instructive. Browsing online catalogs sucks, especially since almost none concatenate the different variants of an item (e.g. values) into one line item, the way many paper catalogs did.

Thanks for checking, though!

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2018, 01:05:55 am »
What a pity.  I can't be the only person who finds a dead-tree catalog to be incredibly instructive. Browsing online catalogs sucks, especially since almost none concatenate the different variants of an item (e.g. values) into one line item, the way many paper catalogs did.

Yes, but that is exactly what they say it will do (like their paper catalogue did)!

Offline langwadt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2018, 01:12:08 am »

deadtree is great for anything mechanical like heatsinks, connectors, button etc. these day I often use googles image sarch

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2018, 01:17:24 am »
... these day I often use googles image sarch

I have heard of image search but I have no idea how I would find the source of a small washer using an image search.  Can you give me an example.  Thanks
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Online tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2018, 12:30:30 pm »

Yes, but that is exactly what they say it will do (like their paper catalogue did)!
I guess it helps, but browsing PDFs tends to suck, too... I far prefer browsing a dead-tree catalog.

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2018, 12:13:42 am »

I guess it helps, but browsing PDFs tends to suck, too... I far prefer browsing a dead-tree catalog.

I understand completely. The 'wait - what's that - we could it do that way too' effect is severely lacking.

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2018, 12:17:50 am »
... these day I often use googles image sarch

I have heard of image search but I have no idea how I would find the source of a small washer using an image search.  Can you give me an example.  Thanks

Maybe using something like 'precision washer' or 'retainer clip' and then looking at the images while watching your mouseover info, until you see something that's not alibabaschnullbull.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf