Author Topic: Galaxy S6 Touchscreen Unresponsive  (Read 426 times)

Offline njmicheliTopic starter

Galaxy S6 Touchscreen Unresponsive
« on: July 18, 2020, 01:36:32 am »
Greetings.

Problem:
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 whose screen suddenly stopped responding to any input.

Useful info:
The HOME, POWER, and VOLUME buttons are working correctly.
I have booted in SAFE MODE to rule out the possibility that an app may have cause this. Still no luck.

My Next Steps:
- Remove SIM card, power on, test screen.
- Backup via USB and attempt factory reset.
- MINI PROBLEM: I cannot access the files on PC without selecting "Allow" on the phone.... via touchscreen. Is there a way around this? It seems the phone defaults to charge-only mode with USB unless changed on the phone each time its connected.
- I ordered a tool kit so I can open it up. I was going to check the connections and... make sure its dry inside. (who knows what happens with kids in the house).
- Luckily my wife has the same exact phone and recently bought a better phone. Worst case, my digitizer is dead and I can steal hers and backup my data.

What else would you all try? Any tricks, tips, shortcuts? I'd really be interested in getting around the USB thing. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Offline de_light

• Regular Contributor
Re: Galaxy S6 Touchscreen Unresponsive
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 06:24:39 am »
Buy a USB on-the-go adaptor and then plug a mouse into the adaptor. You should be able to then at least retrieve your data by using the mouse to accept the USB connection.

Check the screen cable for damage and where it connects onto the board. Remove the connector, clean the port with a cotton tip and see if there is any damage to the pins. Reseat it and take it from there.

The following users thanked this post: njmicheli

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf