Author Topic: Tektronix 2211 Oscilloscope repair help  (Read 910 times)

Offline vistyTopic starter

Tektronix 2211 Oscilloscope repair help
« on: August 25, 2020, 03:36:23 am »
I recently bought a broken Tektronix 2211 scope from a gentleman on here to fix up for myself and was hoping anyone had any insight that could help me. the scope has a block of trace that can be moved with the vertical and horizontal controls. the block of trace can been seen below. any help is greatly appreciated and any common or helpful tips for when working with older scopes would also be helpful.

ps. I also have the service manual coming in the post but it wont get here for a while.

Offline Tom45

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Tektronix 2211 Oscilloscope repair help
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 05:04:06 am »
In your photo the screen intensity is way too high. Until you get it working properly it is best to set the intensity way down to where whatever is displayed is weakly visible. You don't want to risk burning the screen.

Are you familiar enough with analog scopes to properly set the various controls? Ideally the only real problem is not knowing how to set it up. The early mixed analog/digital scopes can be especially tricky to figure out without guidance.

In any case you can download a scan of the operator's manual from TekWiki:

https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/2211

That can help you learn about the scope and how to use it until your paper copy arrives. The display that you show isn't right, but it isn't anything that I recognize.

Offline vistyTopic starter

Re: Tektronix 2211 Oscilloscope repair help
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 06:30:23 pm »
I am still very new this whole project is to help me learn about analog scopes and scopes in general by a learn by doing kind of thing, thanks for the tip about the intensity and I will start reading through the operation manual like you recommend before my paper copy gets here.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf