Author Topic: Tek 465B BNC repair  (Read 2631 times)

Offline adauphinTopic starter

• Supporter
Tek 465B BNC repair
« on: August 10, 2012, 03:03:07 am »
My first post and I found this site on a 465 restoration by ModemHead...great job BTW.

So I picked up a 465B and it seems the CH2 BNC is loose. I pulled the case and found out that the diode (looks like a resistor) is not attached and there is a fine wire leading away from the BNC. This is my first scope and my gateway to diagnosing electronics beyond what my DMM can accomplish. 8)

Seems like a simple solder fix, if anyone has a pic of one conected the correct way that would be a great help. Late here so I will try to get a pic tomorrow. Looks like there is a polyswitch in there also...kinda cramped but I think I can get to it ok.

Looking forward to being a part of the community.

Offline FenderBender

• Super Contributor
    • The Solid State Workshop
Re: Tek 465B BNC repair
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 12:54:47 pm »
Well the shell of the BNC should be mains earth referenced. So as long as the shell comes in contact with the metal case, it should be right.

The center pin of the BNC should be connected to a board via a bare piece of short piece of wire or resistor.  I don't think it could have been a diode. You would surely chop your waveform?

Offline adauphinTopic starter

• Supporter
Re: Tek 465B BNC repair
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 12:45:26 am »
After removing the metal guards over the adjustment screws, I realized it was a resistor..had flat ends so It looked to be a diode. Definately a tight squeeze in there, seems to be OK now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf