Author Topic: Pc monitor Samsung SyncMaster 930BF white screen  (Read 2235 times)

Offline nerkoTopic starter

Pc monitor Samsung SyncMaster 930BF white screen
« on: August 22, 2018, 06:10:50 pm »
I have Samsung SyncMaster 930BF and start to show white screen. Tryed it on different computor and other cables but still show white screen. I reed on internet that can be bad capacitors so I take it apart to see bad capacitors, top of capacitors are flat. On big capacitor lead show electrolyte leak ( see picture ) is this bad capacitor.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
Re: Pc monitor Samsung SyncMaster 930BF white screen
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 06:16:12 pm »
Yes that capacitor is leaking, bu somehow I doubt that is the only fault as normally when a capacitor fails the monitor does not switch on, but yours is and your getting just a white screen so I suspect other issues as well.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Bashstreet

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 02:15:28 am »
Yes that capacitor is leaking, bu somehow I doubt that is the only fault as normally when a capacitor fails the monitor does not switch on, but yours is and your getting just a white screen so I suspect other issues as well.

Yes it is bad cap and yes i doubt it is reason for the trouble.
Any case replace it and see what happens.

Offline mzacharias

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 09:59:58 am »
If the monitor has a visible T-con (timing and control) board, check to see if the chips on that board remain cold as it's running.

If so, I have seen very small "chip" fuses bad on those boards in some monitors and TV's. Might be your problem.

Online mariush

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 10:15:44 am »
Yeah, big cap leaking, going bad... but not dead yet since you still get backlight so the power supply produces power.

Backlight is something like 20v which gets boosted to hundreds of volts by the inverter so that voltage doesn't have to be that accurate, but the psu could otherwise be unstable.
The psu will also produce voltages like 3.3v and 5v for the digital board (processor chip) and often a higher voltage like 12v if some models in that series had audio features and therefore audio amplifier chips.
These smaller voltages may be unstable.
Use multimeter to measure them at connector between boards.

the digital board will probably also have some linear regulators that for example podoce 2.5v or 1.8v from 5v. check in and out voltage, check tiny fuses on that board... sometimes (rarely) input caps on that board go bad but visually they look ok.

so basically do more checks and report results here.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 02:02:24 am »
Unplug the cable between the board and the panel and see if it's still white.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf