Author Topic: Need full firmware (full dump flash) oscilloscope Atten ADS 1062CML  (Read 26514 times)

Offline alexitaly

• Regular Contributor
Re: Need full firmware (full dump flash) oscilloscope Atten ADS 1062CML
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2020, 11:36:47 pm »
Hi tv84 and routerfan.

there is no problem for me to dump my oscilloscope's memory, if this can help you. The only drawback is that I don't have a jtag programmer: is there anything inexpensive on amazon or similar on-line stores? Do you have any advice please? Have you the connector's pinout of the oscilloscope mainboard? The board revision is SAT7.820.681H (i think it's very old... about 2011).

Other than that, at THIS link there could be the firmware that you are looking for.

And, at THIS link there could be some informations. I hope that, maybe, also "tinhead" could help us.....
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 12:13:44 am by alexitaly »

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2020, 10:10:08 am »
Alex,

Thanks for helping.

I think you could buy this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/J-Link-JLink-V8-USB-ARM-JTAG-Emulador-Debugger-Programador-chips-ARM/264086370459

Hope it's not fake because it's very good offer. Maybe it's better to hear what routerfan has to say (and what he bought).

Also, I would like you to redo the Siglent conversion in your scope with the:
- SDS1000CNL_SSP_V100R005B01D02P13
- reboot
- flash the Siglent CNL .CFG
- and to a self calibration!   Did you ever do this self calibration?

If it worked for bithead (here) it has to work for you!  :)

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 10:16:32 am by tv84 »

Offline alexitaly

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2020, 11:02:06 pm »
Alex,

Thanks for helping.

No problem... you have helped me and, without your help, my oscilloscope would be ko.
Sorry for the delay with which I reply: I live in countryside and these days I have to cut the grass, so I have little time for electronics  :'(

I think you could buy this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/J-Link-JLink-V8-USB-ARM-JTAG-Emulador-Debugger-Programador-chips-ARM/264086370459

Hope it's not fake because it's very good offer. Maybe it's better to hear what routerfan has to say (and what he bought).

It's impossible that it's original: the price of the original is of about 480euro, but the important is that it works correctly. Have you also the pinout of the connector of my mainboard?

https://it.farnell.com/segger/8-08-00-j-link-base/jtag-emulator-usb-for-arm/dp/2098541

Also, I would like you to redo the Siglent conversion in your scope with the:
- SDS1000CNL_SSP_V100R005B01D02P13
- reboot
- flash the Siglent CNL .CFG
- and to a self calibration!   Did you ever do this self calibration?

If it worked for bithead it has to work for you!  :)

I've done the self calibration, but the problem is particular and i think that bithead didn't notice it. If you select a timebase of less than 100ms/div (for example 10us/div) there is no problem. If you select a timebase of 500ms/div and a single shot trigger, there is no problem.
The problem is in roll mode: in fact there is no trigger. In this condition the time scale of the display is completely wrong. The points are (i think) correctly acquired, but wrongly (casually) represented on display.
I can try to make an example:
if the scope acquire two points, y1=y(t1) and y2=y(t2), t2 > t1, they are represented on the display at two time coordinates t_dis_1 and t_dis_2 that are completely wrong: (t2 - t1) <> (t_dis_2 - t_dis_1).
The only right thing is that t_dis_2 > t_dis_1
The problem in roll mode is that the time scale is completely wrong if the siglent fw is installed on old (h version) atten hw.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 11:08:38 pm by alexitaly »

Offline routerfan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2020, 05:16:22 am »

Hello everyone, the repair of 1102cal is still going on. Recently I accidentally found the data that was previously backed up with the programmer. Unfortunately, it was backed up after the problem, but it restored me to the hardware version of 3.xx, but not 3. -41-1.61 but 34-1-2.3, my original serial number is back. The system was left by refreshing 1102cnl at that time, and I will try to restore the most original state through the TV84 patch firmware.
  Regarding jlink, I use jlink v8. Of course, it will not be genuine, but it was given by the seller when they bought something. Similar things are very cheap in our place for well-known reasons. The use effect is also very good, it only takes one and a half hours to burn an 8M firmware, compared to WIGGLER CABLE
It's a lot faster. I also have an Altera downloader USB Blaster debugger, I tested it, it can be used on this oscilloscope, alexitaly I can give it to you if necessary, but you are responsible for postage.
   In addition, I contacted domestic resources that can be reached. I got the calibration procedure of the oscilloscope, I think about it again and again, not very good to announce here. If alexitaly you need it, I can send it to you for research. But I haven't used it myself, and the technical risks must be acceptable to you. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 05:23:23 am by routerfan »

The following users thanked this post: alexitaly

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2020, 08:41:00 am »

Hello everyone, the repair of 1102cal is still going on. Recently I accidentally found the data that was previously backed up with the programmer. Unfortunately, it was backed up after the problem, but it restored me to the hardware version of 3.xx, but not 3. -41-1.61 but 34-1-2.3, my original serial number is back. The system was left by refreshing 1102cnl at that time, and I will try to restore the most original state through the TV84 patch firmware.
  Regarding jlink, I use jlink v8. Of course, it will not be genuine, but it was given by the seller when they bought something. Similar things are very cheap in our place for well-known reasons. The use effect is also very good, it only takes one and a half hours to burn an 8M firmware, compared to WIGGLER CABLE
It's a lot faster. I also have an Altera downloader USB Blaster debugger, I tested it, it can be used on this oscilloscope, alexitaly I can give it to you if necessary, but you are responsible for postage.
   In addition, I contacted domestic resources that can be reached. I got the calibration procedure of the oscilloscope, I think about it again and again, not very good to announce here. If alexitaly you need it, I can send it to you for research. But I haven't used it myself, and the technical risks must be acceptable to you. Thanks!

Routerfan,

which one did you use to make your FW dump? The Altera USB Blaster?

Or you were also able to do a dump with J-Link v8 ?

Offline alexitaly

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2020, 09:09:51 am »
Since I am a private individual and do not use it for work, can this be fine?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 09:11:49 am by alexitaly »

Offline routerfan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #106 on: May 12, 2020, 11:16:25 am »

Routerfan,

which one did you use to make your FW dump? The Altera USB Blaster?

Or you were also able to do a dump with J-Link v8 ?
V84, I used jlink v8 to finish the work. Altera USB Blaster has also been tested by the way, and they all work very well.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:18:14 am by routerfan »

Offline routerfan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #107 on: May 12, 2020, 11:24:57 am »
Since I am a private individual and do not use it for work, can this be fine?
Of course there is no problem, PM your mailbox, I will send it to you. It is done through the rs232 interface and a host computer, as I said before, I have not tested it and have no experience in this area. You have to be prepared for failure.

Offline routerfan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #108 on: May 12, 2020, 12:02:22 pm »
Just now https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/atten-lt-gt-siglent-conversionscrossflashes-do-you-still-have-problems/msg3049442/#msg3049442
For the TV84 patch firmware, I returned ATTEN 1102CAL and found a phenomenon. My hardware version was updated to 3-41-3.63. Before that, it was 3-41-2.1. Of course, the inherent problems still exist and there is no change. :phew:
I try to use Atten_CAL_CFG file to update the configuration file, suggesting that the file format does not match

In addition, the buttons are unresponsive. Cannot self-calibrate. I guess I have to brush it back, through jtag
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 12:13:46 pm by routerfan »

Offline alexitaly

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2020, 11:53:51 pm »
Of course there is no problem, PM your mailbox, I will send it to you. It is done through the rs232 interface and a host computer, as I said before, I have not tested it and have no experience in this area. You have to be prepared for failure.

Hi routerfan: don't worry. Do not ship anything: there are problems with customs due to covid.
I've buyed this
I'm waiting for shipping. I will do everything I can to help you.  :-+

Please post the connectors pinout of the oscilloscope mainboard.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 11:58:42 pm by alexitaly »

The following users thanked this post: tv84, routerfan

Offline routerfan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2020, 01:35:57 am »

Hi routerfan: don't worry. Do not ship anything: there are problems with customs due to covid.
I've buyed this
I'm waiting for shipping. I will do everything I can to help you.  :-+

Please post the connectors pinout of the oscilloscope mainboard.

Thanks alexitaly!
   1、 You need to solder the bf 531 JTAG socket before starting work. This seat does not exist on our motherboard, you need to add it.
   2、Make a cable, taking care to include a 1k resistor.
   3、Make a connection bf531-Lattice-downloader (your Adattatore USB Debugger ICprog OpenOCD JTAG)。Note that the 3.3v on the sco motherboard should be used to power the downloader.
       I am just a rookie in this regard. I will only complete limited work according to the information obtained online, so I used TopFlash to burn the program. The command line of OpenOCD is sealedbook for me. :phew:

« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 02:07:01 am by routerfan »

Offline routerfan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2020, 02:31:26 am »
Yesterday,
  I purchased a new RIGOL oscilloscope DS1102Z-E. Because it is a new product release, there are some preferential activities, so I purchased it. Specific parameters:
Model DS1102Z-E
Analog BW 100 MHz
Number of Analog Channels 2
Max. Real-time Sample Rate 1 GSa/s (single-channel), 500 MSa/s (dual-channel)
Max. Memory Depth standard 24 Mpts (single-channel), 12 Mpts (dual-channel)
Max. Waveform Capture Rate 30,000 wfms/s
Hardware Real-time Waveform
Recording and Playback Functions Up to 60,000 frames
Standard Probes Two PVP3150 150 MHz passive HighZ probes

This should be a replacement for ds1102e, with specifications similar to the dual channel 1054z. Maybe in the future there is a chance to hack to 200M ds1202z-e :box:
More resources:
https://int.rigol.com/En/Index/listView/catid/27/tp/2/xl/40/wd/
What makes me happy is the 7-inch large screenand DPO display. I think RIGOL has redefined the specifications of entry-level oscilloscopes.
Of course, ATTEN 1102cal I still want to fix it. |O
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 03:04:18 am by routerfan »

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2020, 10:01:44 pm »
Maybe in the future there is a chance to hack to 200M ds1202z-e :box:

That is also an interesting challenge. ;)  That one is non-existent in Europe.

Get me a direct link to download the FW.

Offline routerfan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2020, 01:49:08 am »
Maybe in the future there is a chance to hack to 200M ds1202z-e :box:

That is also an interesting challenge. ;)  That one is non-existent in Europe.

Get me a direct link to download the FW.
Hi TV84!
 To avoid the trouble of registration, I moved it here.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 01:50:51 am by routerfan »

The following users thanked this post: tv84

Offline routerfan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2020, 02:13:07 am »
  Continuing the discussion of 1102cal, I have burned all the BIN files I can find through JTAG in the past few days. The software I use is TOPFLASH. The 8M capacity is divided into 135 sectors(8kx8sector+64kx127sector=8192kb), but the file of the first sector cannot be deleted. . So I intentionally changed a BIN file. Change the data of the first sector to 0xFF. After burning, read back to the PC and observe that the data has not been changed. Simply put, the data of the first sector cannot be changed by JTAG at present. Is it wrong? (I used the configuration data DSO.topflash in the dso_jtag file package), this problem also exists in other tests in this post.
  I think that this problem will not be solved if the JTAG dump is not resolved.
     I still need to learn a lot :popcorn:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 06:52:08 am by routerfan »

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2020, 03:35:04 pm »
  Continuing the discussion of 1102cal, I have burned all the BIN files I can find through JTAG in the past few days. The software I use is TOPFLASH. The 8M capacity is divided into 135 sectors(8kx8sector+64kx127sector=8192kb), but the file of the first sector cannot be deleted. . So I intentionally changed a BIN file. Change the data of the first sector to 0xFF. After burning, read back to the PC and observe that the data has not been changed. Simply put, the data of the first sector cannot be changed by JTAG at present. Is it wrong? (I used the configuration data DSO.topflash in the dso_jtag file package), this problem also exists in other tests in this post.

In your 8MB dump, what is the area that you call 1st sector?  Start and end addresses?

Offline routerfan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2020, 06:34:06 am »

In your 8MB dump, what is the area that you call 1st sector?  Start and end addresses?
Start and end addresses is 0x0000 to 0x1fff   8192k

Offline routerfan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #117 on: May 20, 2020, 06:40:06 am »

I have been stuck on this issue these past few days. Last night I accidentally discovered that the data of the first sector can be cleared. (I'm still confused about how to do it). The new problem is that the first and second sectors cannot write data. No matter how it is burned, the final data is 0XFF.
 I am considering whether to replace the programming software. But I don't know which one to change.

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2020, 09:16:06 pm »

You mean 8 kB and NOT 8 MB , right?

0x2000 bytes = 8 kBytes!

If that is the case, I think it's no problem because the beginning of the FW can be the same in those bytes.

The first 6 or 7 sectors of 8 kBytes each (of the firmwares) are always the same so that doesn't mater for us! That is where the decompressing function of the firmware resides. And that function is always the same.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:21:25 pm by tv84 »

Offline routerfan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2020, 01:45:10 am »

You mean 8 kB and NOT 8 MB , right?

0x2000 bytes = 8 kBytes!

If that is the case, I think it's no problem because the beginning of the FW can be the same in those bytes.

The first 6 or 7 sectors of 8 kBytes each (of the firmwares) are always the same so that doesn't mater for us! That is where the decompressing function of the firmware resides. And that function is always the same.
Yes,I compared multiple files, and the data from 0x00 to 0x003FFF are indeed consistent. According to the parameters in the datesheet, they belong to the first 4 sectors. 8192 bytes (8K bytes) per sector, not 8192k bytes.Sorry, I made a mistake in front.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 01:47:02 am by routerfan »

Offline alexitaly

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #120 on: May 23, 2020, 09:22:03 pm »
Hello tv84 and routerfan  :D
Today the JTAG programmer is arrived!
Which sw should i use to dump osciloscope memories?
Is OpenOCD ok or have you other advice?

Thanks alexitaly!
   1、 You need to solder the bf 531 JTAG socket before starting work. This seat does not exist on our motherboard, you need to add it.
   3、Make a connection bf531-Lattice-downloader (your Adattatore USB Debugger ICprog OpenOCD JTAG)。Note that the 3.3v on the sco motherboard should be used to power the downloader.
       I am just a rookie in this regard. I will only complete limited work according to the information obtained online, so I used TopFlash to burn the program. The command line of OpenOCD is sealedbook for me. :phew:

In the photo that you have published, the hw revision of the mainboard is SAT7.820.681.K but, in previous photos of your oscilloscope, the revision is SAT7.820.681.H (the same revision of mine).

What are the differences between the two revisions? Is there any difference in connectors' pinout? And what is your revision? It's very important.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 10:04:23 pm by alexitaly »

Offline routerfan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2020, 01:53:54 am »
Hello tv84 and routerfan  :D
Today the JTAG programmer is arrived!
Which sw should i use to dump osciloscope memories?
Is OpenOCD ok or have you other advice?

Thanks alexitaly!

In the photo that you have published, the hw revision of the mainboard is SAT7.820.681.K but, in previous photos of your oscilloscope, the revision is SAT7.820.681.H (the same revision of mine).

What are the differences between the two revisions? Is there any difference in connectors' pinout? And what is your revision? It's very important.
Welcome back alexitaly
 My hardware version is SAT7.820.681.H This is the same as yours. JTAG's line sequence is compatible with SAT7.820.681.K, which is no problem. The picture in front of me was found on the Internet, not my machine.
   am not familiar with Linux. I checked the ICprog OpenOCD JTAG data, it seems to be an adapter based on 2232 chip. You can try the Generic FTDI FT2232 option in the TopJTAG Flash Programmer, provided that you must drive it correctly under wiondws.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 02:44:46 am by routerfan »

Offline alexitaly

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2020, 11:34:58 pm »
Hi routerfan,
i've installed driver and TopJTAG software. A question: after 20 days from installation, does it stop working if the license is not purchased?
From your electric drawing, bf531 JTAG and Lattice JTAG lines are the same. How do you select the one or the other?
Can you explain me the procedure that you have performed with TopJTAG to dump memories please?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 11:37:35 pm by alexitaly »

Offline routerfan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2020, 05:13:44 am »
Hi routerfan,
i've installed driver and TopJTAG software. A question: after 20 days from installation, does it stop working if the license is not purchased?
From your electric drawing, bf531 JTAG and Lattice JTAG lines are the same. How do you select the one or the other?
Can you explain me the procedure that you have performed with TopJTAG to dump memories please?
Thanks!
1. Confirm that the devices below Windows can be recognized normally.
2. Open the TOPJTAG software. Load the setup file (this file defines the plugs of the two chips).
3. Make sure that the two boundary scan files are in their proper locations.
4. Both of the above two can be verified by the verification button in the program to see if the hardware is working properly.
5. Retrieve data.

In addition, there is no need to worry about the selection of bf531 JTAG and Lattice JTAG, the two chips exist through the JTAG chain, as long as the two chips can be found in the inspection chain. Do n’t worry too much about the software usage time. It usually can be used again after reinstalling once it expires (although I have n’t experimented with it). For detailed settings, you can see the pictures in the file package I sent.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/need-full-firmware-(full-dump-flash)-oscilloscope-atten-ads-1062cml/?action=dlattach;attach=991666
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 05:15:36 am by routerfan »

Offline alexitaly

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2020, 10:31:15 pm »
Hi routerfan :-+
Thanks for your help with the .rar file  :D

I'm trying, and i've a question.
I've made the connection cable from programmer to Lattice JTAG connector.
In the oscilloscope mainboard i've not found the connections in red (see the image attached). I not understand if the scheme is of all the connection cable or if i've to made only the connection to the programmer (and the connection between BF531 JTAG and Lattice JTAG connectors are in the mainboard).

Please excuse me for this question, but i haven't any electric scheme of the mainboard, and i don't want to make damages.
Can you help me please?

« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 01:42:09 am by alexitaly »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf