Author Topic: Pots Wanted  (Read 628 times)

Offline TonyBeTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Pots Wanted
« on: November 13, 2020, 03:50:43 pm »
Hi Folks,

once again I really hope that you can help me out with this.
I'm working on a repair of an ITT Metrix GX240 Generator/ Counter Instrument. All the big issues could be resolve just fine,.. even without a schematic.
Sadly I need to change the pots since one is completely broken (PCB with the graphite traces is snapped), and all the others have such a bad feeling to them that i can not resist to put some fresh ones in there.

Now the Problem: after browsing through DigiKey, Mouser, TEConn, Piher, Amphenol and Bourns, i cannot found a single Pot that would satisfy the requirements given.

Does anyone of you have seen Pots like these and maybe can serve a distributor or manufacturer so that i can search for the ones that i need?

Here are the culprits:
Several of the Pots are of this type. 4mm Shaft. Some about 37mm shaft length (including the threaded section), and some with about 20mm length.
[see=pot(4).jpeg]
The important and weird thing is the metal cage, that gives the pot enough strength since the pots are not screwed onto the frontpanel. They just stick out. Note the solder-post of the cage which are in front of the contacts,.. never seen it that way around before.
Shaft is attached like this:
[see=pot(3).jpeg]

Now the ones that are really special:
[see=pot(2).jpeg]
[see=pot(1).jpeg]
These are pots with a DPDT Switch, which is actuated by push-pulling the shaft. All pcb print solder mounted.

Sorry for the crude pictures.

Does anyone of you can give me some advice where i can get those parts?
If not directly: maybe you can add some Manufacturers to the list above so that i can browse them? :)

Thank you in advance,

kind regards from germany
Tony

EDIT: Fail.. i just find out, that the previous owner of the instrument have reverse assembled the pot in pic "pot(4).jpeg",.. so well: the Problem with the strange position of the solder posts of the cage is solved at least,.. anyway: don't know where to find those.. :) Sorry for the confusion!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 04:00:18 pm by TonyBe »

Offline bob91343

• Super Contributor
Re: Pots Wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 07:25:09 pm »
I have some pots like that, salvaged from who knows where.  Maybe an old audio mixer, not sure.  But they were a popular type a while back.  Who made them?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf