Author Topic: Looking for lcd screen for Fluke 187 / 189  (Read 9696 times)

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
Re: Looking for lcd screen for Fluke 187 / 189
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2017, 10:43:27 pm »
may i use ptfe ( teflon ) spray to re-lubricate the knob mechanism after cleaning or silicone grease is better?
:-//

I have repaired a number of meters in the past most of which were relatively clean inside and on these meters I did not feel it was necessary to add additional lubrication to the rotary dial assembly as the meters were in otherwise good working order. One Fluke 83 that I did virtually a complete rebuild and wash down on was owned by an electrician and it appeared to have been used in extremely dirty environments which probably included dirt, dust and other contaminates. This meter as part of the repair process was thoroughly washed down both inside and out and to retain lubrication on the rotary dial selector a very sparingly smear of silicone grease was applied to the detent mechanism simply because I have ample stock of it at hand.

I would not be using pressure pack sprays for this task as you risk contaminating the rotary dial contacts in addition to leaving an oily residue inside the meter which may lead to other issues and problems. There are a number of existing threads on the forum which provide some very good detailed advice in regards to what should and shouldn’t be used one of which I have linked below. As ModemHead is recognised by many here as one of the forums most highly respected and knowledgeable members particularly in relation to these series of meters the best advice and guidance I could give would be for you to thoroughly read and comprehend all of his documented instructions.

Mr ModemHead Website.
http://mrmodemhead.com/blog/ 

DMM Grease Thread.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/reviews/question-dmm-grease/

The following users thanked this post: alext

Offline Michiel Sanders

• Industrial Service Engineer/Technician
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2017, 02:52:06 pm »
I've send you a pm about a spare screen i have
personal fluke collection: 8020b, PRV240, 9062, 707Ex, 718Ex 300G, 87-V Ex, 189, lem memobox 602 & 603.
company issued fluke equipment: 2042, Ti10, 376FC, 772, 1587FC, 753.

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2017, 08:34:41 pm »
anyone?

There are some very wise and clever people on this forum but none of them are telepathic or mind readers to my knowledge, if you have a question or enquiry then submit it in a clear and concise manner.

A member in a prior post has kindly offered to assist with a replacement LCD screen and has sent you a private message, accordingly you should gratefully respond and address this opportunity.

Offline alextTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2017, 08:48:03 pm »
thanks to michael sanders finally my dmm lives again :)

but it wont work properly .what could i messed up?   |O  i suspect the knob terminals

Offline alextTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2017, 05:27:32 pm »
I use Novus plastic polish for that sort of thing, it takes a lot of elbow grease but it will do the job. #3 for deeper scratches followed by #2 for light surface scratches.

hey.i ordered some novus polish.what is the preferred material to apply it on?

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2017, 06:25:55 pm »
Clean lint free cotton cloth, preferably white so there is no dye to worry about. A well used white t shirt works best for this.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf