Author Topic: Looking for Datasheet for the Sanyo STK795-519C  (Read 1044 times)

Offline TeknowTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Looking for Datasheet for the Sanyo STK795-519C
« on: July 16, 2022, 07:42:32 pm »

Hello everyone!

I have recently salvaged a Samsung PS50C7 Plasma TV. I got among other valuable parts 4 pieces of  STK795-519C IGBT Modules, XY drivers. Unfortunately, I looked in the internet and I could find no data whatsoever concerning these modules, except sellers of course who direct you to a datasheet site which has all except what you want.
I searched in Japanese google but came across a destructive viral site!!!!!!! I don't think the Sanyo nor the Samsung companies would help.

Before I do some damage to the parts through multimeter testing, I tried to get help from you guys, maybe someone had the same experience and better luck. I already identified two IGBTs connected in series. but on the PCB there are 4X 100 Ohm resistors which I thought are for 4 IGBT Gates. Maybe I'm wrong I can't tell whether such XY modules are half bridge each. I have no experience in modern and colorful (Buy and Salvage or Dumb)TVs :)!

Thanks a lot for all contributions!

Online fzabkar

• Super Contributor
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 08:30:45 pm by fzabkar »

• Regular Contributor
Re: Looking for Datasheet for the Sanyo STK795-519C
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 11:32:10 pm »
thank you for your efforts fzabkar, but unfortunately they have nothing to do with it.

Online fzabkar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2022, 12:53:48 am »
I found a photo which may help to visualise the part:

https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/52_1290885171.jpg

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2022, 01:44:21 am »
Normally  you do a reverse lokup,  you take the pcb part number and you try to find the tv service manual or any tv model who can have it, sometimes theses boards are used in many models

seems a candidate ??

https://ia904503.us.archive.org/7/items/manual_PS50C7_SM_SAMSUNG_EN/PS50C7_SM_SAMSUNG_EN.pdf

sometimes you try to search by the frame / chassis model  etc ...  since this tv can / could be sold under different names / vendors
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 01:46:08 am by coromonadalix »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2022, 07:45:30 am »
Thanks again fzabkar, but I do have the PCBs already and I am some steps forward. I guess I have identified two IGBTs in a package.Thanks coromondalix, as soon as I got this TV to salvage I got the manual which has no reference to the XY moduels in details, and I watched videos showing simple basic repair techniques: Defect PCB unscrewing and replacement! I think it's either forbidden or taboo to inquire the datasheet and information of these parts from Samsung or Sanyo! Perhaps I should order trillion modules and ask for the datasheet first!

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 09:35:39 am »
Although it isn't the same IPM module if you search around for LG 42V7 IPM you'll find some pictures of the internals that may give you some ideas on how they work and what to test for. The PCB itself will also give you precious information on the pinout.
On the large groups of pins you'll have ground, sustain supply voltage input and sustain output to panel (half bridge).
The individual pins or small groups will be the logic inputs and lower voltage supplies required to drive the half bridge power transistors.
The most common failure will be the power transistors.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2022, 07:24:19 pm »

Thanks shakalnokturn, well you gave me the courage to actively test the two IGBTs inside, and in fact, there are two of them inside each module which I could easily  spot. They are connected in series on the PCB . " (half bridge) was the key word! I have now 4 modules with two IGBts each = 8 ones. I'm not repairing anything, I got this TV with minor deficiencies, but I needed the parts. I could use these modules with the relative cooling pads and heatsinks in fun projects like a spot welder, an electronic load, smps power supply or driving motors. Sadly, I can only estimate their SOA, voltage, current, power, thermal resistance etc. as I have no datasheet for them.

Offline shakalnokturn

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2022, 11:25:19 pm »
If you've been able to "actively" test the IGBT's I assume you have found the way to control the gate. For voltage limit you should be able to avalanche test them by tying gate to emitter and slowly ramping up CE voltage. Use a high value resistor in series to limit and measure current. As soon as you measure any noticable change in current you've hit the limit.
If this is any help... Depending on screen size I usually find 2 to 4 TO220P IGBT's for each half of the sustain output on TV's not using dedicated modules.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2022, 08:17:02 pm »
I do appreciate your suggestions and ideas. In the meantime, I don't have more than 30 Volts DC power supply to carry out an avalanche test. I'd rather use these modules in low voltage projects as I don't have replacement in case they smoke under 230!
I got them from a Samsung 43 inch TV. I wonder if each IGBT can sink at least 5 to 10 Amperes permanently(>25C) on heatsink!? Enough for me! Here I share the test results in case someone has the same modules and lacks information. I set the bench with two Digital multimeters (Diode Test, the red lead on cathode or collector, black one to emitter). There are two pins that control the gates (suppositions!!!). These are pins 15 and 17. I applied 15 volts via 100 Ohms resistor to control the gates of the IGBTs and monitor the DMM reading.

Conclusion: Pin 15 controls IGBT_A and IGBT_B, whereas pin 17 controls only IGBT_A. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 08:21:46 pm by Teknow »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf