Author Topic: Locating an Agilent ASIC (3GHz Frequency Divider) // Repairing a 8133A Pulse Gen  (Read 144 times)

Offline danielbriggsTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hey all,
I just thought I'd check in here to see if anyone more well versed in locating hens teeth Agilent ASIC's could help me find 1x part.

I'm slowly repairing an 8133A Pulse Generator (Opt 3 with the 2x channels).
Pretty much got everything working in spec apart from 1x thing. The pulse widths the generator makes goes a bit wobbly between very specific frequency bands, and is rock solid at all others.
The behaviour is seen on both channels (each board "A7"). Due to the way the instrument is made both output channels derive their timing from board "A5" I've tracked it down to that.

Jitter between:
31-38MHz
61-75MHz
123-149MHz
248-298MHz
493-596MHz
984-1000MHz

The YIG is programmable between 2-4GHz, and the divider is bypassed above 2GHz. The unit performs excellently >1GHZ, it's only these lower frequency bands, making me think the divider is failing.

The instrument is full of lots of rocking horse *** type IC's and lovely ceramic hybrids.

I've attached an image of the strange circular IC I think is failing.
Markings:
0-6866
0030E47

I've never seen a package quite like it (but then again I rarely stray into RF wizardry!)

The spec I think it has is described as:
ASIC Divider spec:
Input frequency range: DC-3GHz
Dividing range: 1,2,4,8,16,32,64
Output levels: ECL, differential
Input sensitivity: 200mW pp single ended or 100mW pp differential

So, does anyone know what specific this part number is + where I can get one?
Or would it be exclusively made for Agilent with no chance of buying a replacement?

If the latter I'll wait for a cheap A5 board to come up on eBay; test, replace / transplant.

Any pointers or help would be really appreciated.

Thanks again,
Dan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf