Author Topic: Agilent DSO1004A a repair attemp  (Read 607 times)

Offline LilfTopic starter

Agilent DSO1004A a repair attemp
« on: August 31, 2023, 04:18:52 am »
Hello everyone,
I have an Oscilloscope Agilent DSO1004A, channel 2 behavior is strange. The sinewave appear with a lot of noise
I connected Function Generator 1Khz sinewave directly to channel 2 with BNC to BNC cable. I change the BNC cable and still got the same result, I also connected a different F.G and had the same result all of the other channels are good. I teardown the DSO1004A to do an inspection of the BNC connector to the board, I check continuity it looks good. I'm thinking the connector itself maybe got damaged, Does anyone had something similar? Do you have any tips how should I proceed.
Thank you very much.

Online Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
Re: Agilent DSO1004A a repair attemp
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2023, 08:34:53 am »
The error does not look so much like an analog problem, but more like a digital problem, like 1 bit from ADC not reaching the destination. It may help to do a few more tests, maybe with a larger amplitude and maybe other ranges / DC shift.

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2023, 08:14:46 pm »
I appreciate your input, I will defiantly do that and keep posted with the result.

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 09:36:23 pm »
I tried to change the amplitude higher and lower and the dc offset, also, I change between sine, square, pulse and get the same result. The noise appear suddenly out of no where. I attached video a short video that shows the signals with noise and after seconds the noise is gone it goes into a loop.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf