Author Topic: Keysight DSO-X 2004A dead  (Read 4577 times)

Offline CapLeaker

• Contributor
Re: Keysight DSO-X 2004A dead
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2022, 01:13:00 am »
I've been over there for many years now, been lurking here for many years too, but never had made an account until the other day. Kripton2035 already copied the pdf here, thanks bud!
I did notice that for some reason on 10 year old Agilent Oscilloscopes, the PSU goes poof.  :-- Just a shame to throw the whole thing out, because of a $1 cap and 50 cent fuse. I had bought some licenses for extra features on my scope. Agilent charged me a lot more than $1.50! Only to find out at the end that they are cost cutting by putting general available 3rd party PSU's in there. Made me think twice after that.
What makes you think that custom made PSU would necessarily be any better? Also by it's looks its a decent PSU with good components used.
Agilent charged me a lot more than $1.50!
Do you expect them fixing 10 yo oscilloscope for $1.5? Not to say nothing prevents you changing those parts yourself. Nor Keysight will repair that PSU, they will simply change it.
u
No, Keysight does not sell / exchange or fix that PSU nor the unit itself. Once a unit is a few years old, Agilent / Keysight does not have any spare parts. Told me to buy a new one. However I was able to get the PDF what PSU is actually in there.
The PSU isn't that bad, correct. BUT Agilent stuff isn't cheap. I've got older HP stuff and can't kill it. But 2 out 3 Agilent items I own, would have landed in the landfill as not repairable. The third Agilent item I bricked on a firmware update, but lucky me I was able to unbrick it.  :phew: Not sure if it is just my luck or what.  :-//

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2022, 09:25:52 am »
No, Keysight does not sell / exchange or fix that PSU nor the unit itself. Once a unit is a few years old, Agilent / Keysight does not have any spare parts. Told me to buy a new one.
Hard to believe since this model is still in production. They probably won't sell you PSU but paid repair should be available. I won't be cheap though.

Offline CapLeaker

• Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2022, 02:03:59 am »
No, Keysight does not sell / exchange or fix that PSU nor the unit itself. Once a unit is a few years old, Agilent / Keysight does not have any spare parts. Told me to buy a new one.
Hard to believe since this model is still in production. They probably won't sell you PSU but paid repair should be available. I won't be cheap though.
I’ve tried and the only option was to purchase a new one. I guess the new ones must be different. Same thing as with the Agilent U1253B. The old ones from 10 years ago are different from the current ones, even so they share the same model number. Makes it really confusing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf