Author Topic: Kepco BOP1000M schematics  (Read 3482 times)

Offline RikVTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Kepco BOP1000M schematics
« on: September 12, 2023, 03:12:04 pm »
Anyone happens to have the service manual (with schematics) for this beast? Would be greatly appreciated.

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
Re: Kepco BOP1000M schematics
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 01:25:10 am »
you must have this one for a start (not complete)

https://kepcopower.com/support/bop-operator-r21.pdf

Do some search for "BOP" series,  there was some search with   "half rack, full rack"  etc ...    sometimes playing with words helped me to find some kepco  psu's in the past

search for the BOP 500 model, you may have some similarities ..

a power search showed many manuals of the same qty of pages,  but all misses the schematics, only the BOP500 show one page of it ...

https://www.download-service-manuals.com/en/manufacturer.php?manufacturer=Kepco&page=All
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 01:37:29 am by coromonadalix »

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 01:45:03 am »
oh    you have this page   to order some manuals ??

https://kepcopower.com/bopbuy2.htm#man

Offline MaxFrister

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 04:37:20 pm »
Here is a schematic for the BOP 50-2M.  Most of the BOP series are really similar and you can probably get by with this. 

(I tried to attach it but the 4.3M is too large for eevblog forum.  If you want it, send me a message with a real email address and I'll send it to you).

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2023, 08:38:38 pm »
Well, they are quite NOT similar. BOP500M and BOP1000M are 4-quadrant supplies with a max output voltage of +-500V resp +-1000V. They have a bandwith of over 1kHz. So, one could generate a sinusoidal voltage 1000Vp-p. Sounds like a K237 power stage?

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2023, 11:56:20 pm »
Well, they are quite NOT similar. BOP500M and BOP1000M are 4-quadrant supplies with a max output voltage of +-500V resp +-1000V. They have a bandwith of over 1kHz. So, one could generate a sinusoidal voltage 1000Vp-p. Sounds like a K237 power stage?
I don't understand your post. Both the BOP 50-2M and 500M/1000M are four-quadrant power supplies. Sure, the latter models have a higher output voltage and lower bandwidth (I think the 50-2M is up to about 10 kHz). But it wouldn't surprise me if the control board was very similar and it's just the power stage that's different. Have you compared the manual with the actual instrument? Otherwise I'm sure Kepco will happily sell you the manual for your exact instrument.

The Keithley 237 output stage has multiple ranges, can source only 10 mA, is less tolerant of reactive loads and I doubt it has the same bandwidth. So I doubt they're anything alike, but the K237 service manual with schematics is freely available if you think it will help.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2024, 03:50:53 pm »
I finally bought that BOP1000M. It is -of course- not working and the schematic diagram would be extremely usefull. I found a BOP500M manual wich is essentially the same but unfortunately the very last page is missing: The schematic diagram is a fold-out page and the rightmost part of the page was not copied. I found several copies of this manual, all missing the last page...
Could anyone who has this manual on hand copy the schematic diagam for me??? Beware: I have the older version with VALVES in the output amplifier, later versions have FETs.
Please check your libraries.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2024, 08:08:41 pm »
Fixed! A good old LM741 died. Replaced by NOS.  This is the kind of instrument you have to handle with the deserved respect! It can -and will- kill you if you don't!
Still would appreciate a complete schematic for the future.

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf