Author Topic: Fluke overmoulding has peeled off  (Read 633 times)

Offline razirafiTopic starter

Fluke overmoulding has peeled off
« on: April 22, 2023, 08:09:20 am »
Hi to all, I have a Fluke 179 that has served me well for about ten years since purchasing it.  Recently the overmoulding on the bottom half of the case has peeled off.  May I know if others have experienced this and if this can be reattached?  I tried using cyanoacrylate but it did not hold up.  I also tried using Permatex Clear Adhesive Sealant 80050 but it still failed.  I am also wondering if this is covered by the Lifetime Warranty of this product.  I have seen on Ebay an original bottom case for this model but the price is quite expensive.  Any thoughts on this?

Online Psi

• Super Contributor
Re: Fluke overmoulding has peeled off
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2023, 08:14:24 am »
You could email fluke and ask if they can do anything, they are a pretty nice company.
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Offline razirafiTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2023, 08:45:04 am »
Hello Psi, thank you for your reply.  I will try that and see if they will be abe to help me out.  I just needed to know if someone else has experienced this and was able to find a way to reattach the peeled off section with success, and what adhesive was used.

Offline minifloat

• Contributor
  • loss of precision
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2023, 09:24:55 pm »
If you know someone able to 3D-print elastic materials, TPE or TPU, this might be a way to go.

Otherwise, search online auction platforms for defect multimeters of the type you have, buy it, use  the rubber and the rest goes into electronics recycling.

br, mf

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf