Author Topic: JBL EON 618s Repair  (Read 983 times)

Offline FishmcmuffinTopic starter

JBL EON 618s Repair
« on: March 08, 2022, 02:08:30 am »
Hello,

I am looking to have four JBL EON 618s amplifiers repaired that no longer power on. I think its due to bad power in our glassblowing studio.

Thanks so much!

Jacob

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Re: JBL EON 618s Repair
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 02:12:44 am »
What exactly are you looking for? Somebody here to repair them? A referral to a shop that can fix them? It might be helpful to indicate your approximate geographical location as you probably are not going to want to ship several vintage amplifiers if you can avoid it. We're a bunch of engineers and hobbyists that discuss engineering topics, not a repair service.

Offline FishmcmuffinTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 02:18:36 am »
Apologies, I thought by posting in the repair forum I was in the right place.
I live in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in the USA. I'm looking for all four of the amplifiers to be repaired into working condition, or a referral to someone who can fix them for me. I don't mind shipping the amps as I do Ebay for a hobby and pack boxes often.

I haven't been able to find a single soul to repair these units, but after today I feel confident someone on this forum can point me in the right direction.

I'm cool shipping or driving them locally!  :-+
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 02:20:26 am by Fishmcmuffin »

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 01:19:14 am »
Well you're certainly allowed to post here and maybe you'll find somebody that wants to take on the job, it's mostly people posting asking for advice on things they're working on repairing themselves though. I would advise against shipping stuff to random people who say they'll work on it though, you never really know how skilled a person is and it's too easy for them to just disappear with your stuff.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf