Author Topic: Datron 1062: Does not go into cal mode  (Read 698 times)

Offline 4thDoctorWhoFanTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Datron 1062: Does not go into cal mode
« on: July 19, 2020, 12:54:07 am »
Hi,

I have a Datron 1062 that does not go into cal mode.  The unit itself seems to work fine as the volts (ac & dc) & ohms functions appear to work.  It also has the current option but I have not tested that yet.  When I turn the cal key in the rear, there is no cal symbol displayed on the front panel.

The key lock & the display seem to work as normal.  When I turn the key in the rear, the 5V line from the key lock will toggle between hi and low but no cal displayed on the front panel.  Also, when I run the self test, the display will illuminate the cal symbol as it goes through it's self test so it does not seem to be a display driver or display problem.

I'm guessing it's a problem on the digital board but I would like to see what others might think.  Perhaps I am overlooking something simple or perhaps someone has seen this issue before.

It's not going to be a easy fix so I'm looking for the easy way out first.  :palm:

Offline Testtech

• Regular Contributor
Re: Datron 1062: Does not go into cal mode
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 04:55:34 pm »
The GPIB address switch must be in a particular setting to enable CAL mode. Described in the cal manual.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 06:08:49 pm »
Thanks for the info but I am aware of this.  I should have mentioned it in the original post.  I believe all the switches have to be switched to 1.

But thanks for reminding me as perhaps there is a problem with the GPIB board.  :-+

Offline dacman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 08:52:00 pm »
Make sure the Cal switch is making contact.  Also, those things are notorious for bad IC contacts.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 09:01:41 pm »
I was finally able to get it into cal mode by removing the connector for the GPIB board. The IEEE board installed in my unit is nothing like what's in the manual or what's in other peoples units that I have seen on YouTube. The board layout is totally different from anything I have seen.  I will not be using this board but it's strange how different it is.  Oh well, at least I can get it into cal mode now.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf