Author Topic: HP/Agilent 4284A/4285 electrolitic capacitor defect & A2/A3 board schematic  (Read 148 times)

Offline scrokyTopic starter

• Contributor
Hi,
I have a problem with my LCR meter HP4284A:
Due to some faulty electrolytic capacitors, some burns occurred on the A2 and A3 boards.
Unfortunately, the HP service manual is not complete with diagrams in all its parts (I guess due to confidentiality constraints), so now I cannot complete the repairs if I do not find the value of the R432 resistor on the A2 "modulator" board.
I would like to thank anyone who can help me with the diagram of the A2 and A3 boards or simply with the value of the R432 component on the A2 board?
Thanks
Alessandro

Offline picburner

• Frequent Contributor
If no one tells you the value of the components you have to find the CLIP manual, there you can find the schematics.
I have the one from the 4285A, I checked but unfortunately the A2 board is different.

• Contributor
hello, thank you so much for your quick reply. But what is the CLIP manual? Sorry I'm ignorant, but where could I find it? thanks

Offline picburner

• Frequent Contributor
CLIP means Component Level Information Packet.
Basically it is the service manual that also provides you with the schematics.
I bought mine from Artek Manuals.

• Contributor
I searched around... also on https://artekmanuals.com/manuals/hp-manuals/
but unfortunately for the 4284A it seems it has not been made public... I will search around better.
If I find it I will post it for the benefit of all.
Thanks again for the help
Best regards
Alessandro

Offline picburner

• Frequent Contributor
Yes, I searched me too but Artek Manuals only has the CLIP for the 4285A, the one I have.
I searched around a bit but the one for the 4284A is not found, at least not that easily.
Happy hunting.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf