Author Topic: HP8563E spectrum analyser-Repair log.  (Read 4693 times)

Offline hnjmkl

• Regular Contributor
Re: HP8563E spectrum analyser-Repair log.
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2023, 11:44:47 am »
Thanks, I will follow your suggestion.
Frank

Offline KrisEEV

HP8595E responds very slow to front panel keys
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2023, 03:18:01 pm »
Hi,
     I had a working  HP8595E kept aside for long, when recently powered ON after 2 years  response to front panel keys are too late and sometimes seems frozen with no response. Restarted many times but issue remains, could anyone suggest if you had gone through a similar issue.

Thanks,
Kris

Offline djsbTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2023, 03:42:07 pm »
Remove/clean with contact cleaner spray/Reseat the cables/contacts inside and take the front panel off and clean the keypad contacts with IPA. The actual button themselves are best cleaned by gently scrapping and white oxidation off with your fingernail.
David
Hertfordshire, UK
University Electronics Technician, London, PIC16/18, CCS PCM C, Arduino UNO, NANO,ESP32, KiCad V8+, Altium Designer 21.4.1, Alibre Design Expert 28 & FreeCAD beginner. LPKF S103,S62 PCB router Operator, Electronics instructor. Credited KiCad French to English translator

Offline KrisEEV

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2023, 05:51:02 pm »
Greetings! David,
                         I  tried cleaning the cable contact points and the Panel keys, seems the system itself freezes after the Power ON bootup sequence, responds to "Preset" key instantaneously but other key entries respond after a delay of almost 10 secs. As per the Service manual it mentions  to Clear the user memory by performing 

CONFIG, More 1 of 3, More 2 of 3
DISPOSE USER MEM

Do not see any improvement, any suggestions.

Many Thanks,
Best Regards,
Kris

Offline djsbTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2023, 06:03:39 pm »
Have you checked the condition of the backup battery at the rear of the instrument? Might be a good idea to replace it for a new one anyway. I also find that cleaning and reseating any connectors does the job. Apart from that, I can't really offer any further insights as I am new to these instruments myself.
David
Hertfordshire, UK
University Electronics Technician, London, PIC16/18, CCS PCM C, Arduino UNO, NANO,ESP32, KiCad V8+, Altium Designer 21.4.1, Alibre Design Expert 28 & FreeCAD beginner. LPKF S103,S62 PCB router Operator, Electronics instructor. Credited KiCad French to English translator

Offline KrisEEV

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2023, 06:31:40 am »
Hi David,
             The Battery seems to be  fine measuring  2.99V and the Correction constants are in tact  along with Date and time updated. Let me check again for any leads.

Thanks & Regards,
Kris. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf