Author Topic: HP 8559A Spectrum Analyzer Troubleshooting UPDATE  (Read 832 times)

Offline cooperg2001Topic starter

HP 8559A Spectrum Analyzer Troubleshooting UPDATE
« on: February 23, 2020, 12:34:18 am »
Hello all,

I recently acquired an HP 8559A and instead of the HP 182T display, it was supposed to have I received an HP 180C  display. I can't get the display to show a proper trace (I only get a dot or a small vertical line) I've used an oscilloscope to verify that the 35MHz cal output is working (nice clean sine wave) so I know that wasn't the issue.

If someone could advise me as to what I should check next or could direct me to somewhere I could acquire a better display I would appreciate it.

UPDATE: After further research and testing I now believe the issue is with the sweep generator. If I probe the sweep generator output I do not get a signal, but if I manually sweep I see the signal change.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 01:25:26 am by cooperg2001 »

Offline weakbit

Re: HP 8559A Spectrum Analyzer Troubleshooting UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 08:56:33 am »
That sounds like a deflection failure (horizontal) - have you any pictures to see whats happend?
I've the 141T Display but this is very old and I use the Storage Oscilloscope HP54720D with the 54721A Input Modul to display the signals so it is not neccessary for me.

Best Regards
wekbit

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf