Author Topic: Power supply for Corsair SP2500  (Read 5633 times)

Offline DONKTopic starter

Power supply for Corsair SP2500
« on: July 23, 2016, 12:38:31 pm »
Hi all

I'm looking for a bit of help to fix my speakers that went pop 3 days ago, they are out of warranty and replacement parts are not available to buy from the company. I have found 2 damaged components on the board which are a resistor and what I think is a mosfet from googling the markings on the top of it but I'm not sure as there seem to be different variants of it so I would like some advice to make sure I am going to replace the correct part.

Sorry if I come off as a noob this is the first time I have attempted repair work on something.

The full markings on it are
AUK
42bO1
SMK1060

Here are some pics of the damage.

Blown fuse.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to look at this post.

Online wraper

• Supporter
Re: Power supply for Corsair SP2500
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 01:53:13 pm »
PWM controller IC most likely is dead too. New mosfet quiet likely will blow up too if old IC left. Mosfet quiet obviously is SMK1060F.

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 05:10:44 pm »
I have identified the PWM controller it's a 3843GM-E1 is there any way to test these to see if they are dead or not?

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 09:12:31 am »
It's UC3843 or it's clone. There is no way to reliably test it without applying power to it. You can try measure it's mosfet driving output resistance to the GND, if resistance is low, it's 100% dead. From experience, it has 90+% chance to be faulty anyway. When mosfet fails, usually it applies high voltage to IC output through it's gate pin.

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 07:16:05 pm »
I have fixed the power supply and the speakers power up again but some part of the amp is also dead as the volume is very low. Think I'm gonna let someone who knows about audio equipment take a look at it now as there could be more wrong with them than I thought in the beginning.

Thanks for the help in getting me this far.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf