Author Topic: Blaupunkt Barcelona 2340 - Radio 1956/57.  (Read 4399 times)

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Re: Blaupunkt Barcelona 2340 - Radio 1956/57.
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2021, 06:05:53 pm »
Go old school and have your way with parafin wax... :-DD

Seriously, though, I tend to use something I can remove at a later time (in case of future repairs needed), ruling out something aggressive as cyanoacrilate or even silicone (it heats while curing). I also try to avoid Gorilla epoxy (the one where you mix the two tubes) as I never know if the heavy smell may be indicative of a slow (and possibly destructive/corrosive) chemical release over the years.

There is a glue that I tend to use quite often for general purpose and it seems relatively mild: E6000. It cures as a somewhat flexible joint and, in this particular case, it would keep the ferrite (a very brittle material) somewhat protected from mechanical stresses as the glue would dampen any torsion/vibration.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 09:08:41 pm by rsjsouza »
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

The following users thanked this post: DrG

Offline TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
Re: Blaupunkt Barcelona 2340 - Radio 1956/57.
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2021, 06:06:11 pm »
Magic eye tubes again:
A great encyclopedic reference to vacuum tubes from US, GB, Europe, and the USSR is the “Electronic Universal Vade-Mecum”, originally published in several editions by the Polish publisher Wydawnictwa Naukowa-Techniczne of Warsaw, during the Communist government.
The chapter “M” covers magic-eye tubes.  To show function, the figure shows a slide-rule dial on a receiver, where “Geneve” is being tuned, ignoring “Warszawa” and “Mockba” (in Cyrillic) nearby, and the corresponding shapes on different models of eye tube for three locations of the tuning dial.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf