Author Topic: Philips 55pos9002 Ambilight - Not turning on | Red light blinking 4-41 times  (Read 1217 times)

Offline nununsTopic starter

Hello :)

I have a defective Philips 55pos9002 Ambilight here. It won't turn on.
I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue, and how did you manage to fix it.

What happens:
When I plug the power cord in, without even touching the remote control, the led light starts blinking extremely fast.
Using the remote control doesn't turn the TV on. Actually nothing happens.

I counted the led blinking lights (by shooting a video on slow motion, otherwise it's so fast that it's simply impossible to count) - There are two sequences: 4 initial blinks, followed by a short pause, followed by 41 blinks.
- I've attached the video as a zip file with this post, you can check it out.

I looked up the Service Manual for this TV, in order to find out what this means, but I can't seem to figure it out.
There's apparently two "Layers" - Layer 1, and Layer 2 - so I'm assuming the first sequence of the led blinking corresponds to Layer 1 error codes, while the second part of the led blinking corresponds to the Layer 2 error codes.
However, if that is correct ,there's a match for the first sequence of "4" in Layer 1, but there isn't even an error code for "41" on Layer 2.

The screenshots of the manual are attached below:

The Service Manual can be downloaded from here if anyone is interested: ttps://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/5/55pos9002_12/55pos9002_12_dfu_eng.pdf

Would appreciate any help.
Cheers
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 07:58:55 pm by nununs »

Offline Chris56000

• Frequent Contributor
Hi!

That was only the Ordinary User Manual you provided the link to, the Chassis is called TPM17.3E LA, and a link to the Service Manual is from this page :–

https://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/106349/Philips_TPM17.3E%20la.html

The book states that the nearest code quoted, "4 + 44" is a defect in the "B & O" board, but alas to say there doesn't seem to be an awful lot spare on evilbay as yet, presumably because the sets are too recent!

I would study the manual, have a look at the circuits in the back and see if there's any obviously low or missing voltage–supply lines, if not you'll have to study the fault–finding guide provided by Philips, obtain the part number of the PCB the LED flash error code points to and enquire about a replacement – if you're good at surface–mount rework, you might be able to get the same board for a different size TV, and swap anything not specifically matching your 55PS–etc., with the original Components from your original faulty PCB!

If you have a current–controlled power supply of about 60 V max that can be controlled down to a current of about 10 mA, you might be able to test the backlight LED strips – it's very possible the set's not coming on because one or more of the backlight LEDs has gone dead – these are always operated in series along each strip, so one duff LED will put all the strip out!

These modern fancy UHD–etc., TV sets aren't amenable to traditional fault–location techniques, and the methods I suggest are all you can reasonably try with them!

Chris Williams
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 10:19:35 pm by Chris56000 »
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf