Author Topic: hp 1741a repair  (Read 924 times)

Offline basinstreetdesignTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
hp 1741a repair
« on: December 02, 2017, 05:13:02 am »
Chapter 2 in the saga:

I just found the reason the delayed sweep wouldn't run.   ;D  A resistor that feeds the Miller Integrator went open.  Easy fix and I'll have to recal the board.  Might as well try to recal all of the instrument, anyway.

However, I also decided to disassemble the time/div switches and clean the gunk from the contacts.  These switches are constructed as  two pancake molded wafers, one on each side of each of the two sweep PCB with the switch shaft running through them.  The shaft is at right angles to the PCB.  Each of the wafers have a few tiny spring contacts embedded to them and they wipe printed contacts on the board.  I was so full of myself for finding the integrator fault that I accidentally wiped one of these spring contacts a little too energetically with a Kleenex and it broke off.   :palm:   |O  Now I gotta either find some way to fabricate a new tiny embedded spring contact or get a new pancake switch.

So here's my question:

Does anybody have an HP 1741A you are using for parts only and that you could find it in your heart to sell me the pancake switch wafers for the MAIN sweep assembly.  That's all I need.  If you don't want to disassemble the switch from the PCB then I'll take the whole PCB with switches mounted.
STAND BACK!  I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf