Author Topic: Hameg 512 Oscilloscope not working  (Read 3232 times)

Offline blauerscharikTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Hameg 512 Oscilloscope not working
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2023, 09:55:32 am »
You can usually see a difference, even though it doesn't produce the nice 90 degree edge you want. The difference might be between extreme overshoot and moderate overshoot but it should be noticeable.
Both probes on 1x and channel 1 do not change anything when turning the adjustment screw.

On channel 2 I can see nice horizontal lines but the vertical lines are missing.

And both channels the same?
Exactly on both channels there is no difference when you switch between AC/DC
The wave just kinda jumps a little, nothing else.

It could be that one, the other, or both channels of the scope are faulty, the probes are badly adjusted or just the wrong ones for that scope, but the scope should have no problems with most probes. One or both probes could be faulty. You can see that sort of waveform when a scope probe has a bad internal connection.
Yeah it's difficult to pinpoint, I only have the scope, no signal generator and questionable probes (but they are new, I just don't remember where I got them from, but still could be cheap stuff)
I try to help. I don't always succeed.
I know spending time to look at schematics, trying to figure stuff out and answering a stranger on the web without financial compensation (even though it's the idea of a repair forum) is really not everyone's cup of tea.
So I really appreciate the help!!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf