Author Topic: Focusrite scarlett 2i4 1st GEN component Missing  (Read 972 times)

Offline marcosboieroTopic starter

Focusrite scarlett 2i4 1st GEN component Missing
« on: April 12, 2022, 07:09:55 pm »
I all, i have a issue, my scarlett fall to the ground and now theres some componet missing, i found a previous post and i could find the name and the values of one of them, i still have one component missing in the board apear like 137, could anyone knows what the component is, and what value?
thank in advance, sorry for my english i will post a picture from the location of the missing component

Offline marcosboieroTopic starter

Re: Focusrite scarlett 2i4 1st GEN component Missing
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 07:12:46 pm »
the missing component is marked in light blue   :scared:

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 07:40:53 pm »
C137, pretty much looks like a bypass ceramic capacitor. Considering its apparent size (I'd say 0805), I would guess that it may have a higher value than your typical 100nF bypass cap. Possibly something like 1uF or 10uF ceramic.

Offline fzabkar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2022, 03:54:05 am »
Can you locate a datasheet for U4? If it contains an application circuit, that should tell you what the function of the capacitor could be.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 11:49:46 am »
Can you locate a datasheet for U4? If it contains an application circuit, that should tell you what the function of the capacitor could be.

Yep, get the app in the datasheet for the chip.
You could also buzz out the lines and see if they are GND and VCC to determine if it's a bypass cap or not.
But if it was a bypass cap then it's actually rather unlikely that the thing would stop working if it's missing.

Offline Deimos

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 08:49:22 pm »
You could try sending a message to Focusrite support inquiring about the component(s) in question.

I contacted them in 2014 or so, about a schematic for my Scarlett 8i6 1st gen, as it too had a broken USB port, and a couple components were lost from the damage. At that time they were willing to send me a schematic, but only if I signed an NDA. I said that was okay, though to make it easier I only needed to know the value of a couple parts, didn't need the entire schematic, and gave the parts location, and tech support was gracious enough to look it up for me. One was a 1uf capacitor around the USB connector area, and a small choke for the USB line. I still use the 8i6 today.

I don't know if they will still do this, but it wouldn't hurt to ask them. I was kind of surprised they helped out like that, but they did, of course that was 8 years ago.

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2022, 11:15:56 pm »
But if it was a bypass cap then it's actually rather unlikely that the thing would stop working if it's missing.

True. But we don't know if the thing has "stopped working", the OP just said it has a component missing. So we don't actually know what the symptoms are if any. (Unless there was another thread about it that I missed.)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf